Quota hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

opossum

Quota hunt

Post by opossum »

Myself and 4 friends got drawed for Dec 6 and 7 hunt on some public land that is about 25 miles from me.It snowed about all day Saturday.Only 4 of us went and hunted.One buddy didn't see anything. Another saw 6 does Saturday morning but decided to wait until later to shoot one .He ne ver saw anything else but a coyote that never offered a shot.Another buddy saw 10 Saturday morning 1 small buck and the rest does.He let the buck walk becuase it only had 1 side of its rack but took a doe.I spooked a herd going in Saturday morning and saw 4 more that morning taking no shots.Saturday evening I took a young deer.Sunday morning I saw a buck chasing 2 does.I decided to let him walk because he was not big enough.I hope he shows when youth season comes in last of December.My 9 year old will not pass him up. :D
DanO

Post by DanO »

Can you explain how the youth season works? Just curious.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

DanO wrote:Can you explain how the youth season works? Just curious.

Dan O.
Youth Season is usually a weekend set aside for young hunters(16 years old and younger). Each youth has to be accompanied by an adult that has to be in a position to be able to control the weapon the youth has. Other than those rules it is just like normal deer season and all laws apply.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
opossum

Post by opossum »

Here in KY we have 2 youth season.We have 1 weekend in Oct and 1 in Dec.It works like Kelley said.
marlinchester

Post by marlinchester »

In Ontario youths must first pass the same hunter safety course given to everyone wanting a hunting license. If they are 12 or older they can then hunt with mentor during all open seasons, one weapon.