unloading

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

sjohn464 wrote:what's wrong with changing to a target bolt and shooting at a target? Gives me a little practice between hunting.
Half hour past sunset I'm putting the xbow in the case. I might then be an hour or more from my truck / target backstop. I don't like hauling the cocked xbow on my back or shoulder while I'm humping thru the bush in the dark. I don't like pulling the cocked xbow back out of the case and shooting an arrow at the target in the dark. Also, it's not legal to have the xbow out of the case by this time in my province.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Here are the links to the videos on cocking and uncocking with the rope cocking aid:

High speed internet

Dial-up internet
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Hmmmmm. I've always uncocked my ExoMax by hand, folding a glove over double for the extra padding. If I'm In a hurry that's likely how I will continue to do it, but Bill's video shows a better way if there's no hurry.

Thanks.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I aways just uncock my Phoenix by hand. I make sure I pull up with both hands BEFORE I stick my thumb in the trigger gaurd. It's really quite quick and simple. Never had an issue with it.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
dutchhunter

uncocking

Post by dutchhunter »

i know guys i was scared the first time i tried it to i unloaded my xocet 200 by hand every time i went hunting but there is an easyer way i just thought everybody new but me .this way is very easy and very fast once you have tried it a time or two know there is know other way DUTCH
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Pydpiper said
Rope cocker is simple and effective. Just make sure to have your arrow out first, good way to ruin a pair of boots.
It is also very effective in stopping a string isn`t it David ? :lol: :lol:
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

i was to scared to do it by hand so i have always used the cocking aid
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I used to do it by hand but went to the Rope method. It seemed to wear my serving sooner doing it by hand.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

sjohn464 wrote:what's wrong with changing to a target bolt and shooting at a target? Gives me a little practice between hunting.
two weeks ago sitting in my stand thought I would shoot an apple in my feed pile. Hit apple dead center from 25 yards but broke my arrow and lost my excalipur broadhead. Lesson was learned.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Doe Master wrote:Pydpiper said
Rope cocker is simple and effective. Just make sure to have your arrow out first, good way to ruin a pair of boots.
Indeed it is! I am going to write a book, "101 ways to wound yourself with a crossbow". Now I wear a hockey helmet and a jock strap when I practice new stuff with it. :wink:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Pydpiper wrote:Rope cocker is simple and effective. Just make sure to have your arrow out first, good way to ruin a pair of boots. :wink:
And your foot!!!!!
I come by my name honestly.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

wheelie wrote:
two weeks ago sitting in my stand thought I would shoot an apple in my feed pile. Hit apple dead center from 25 yards but broke my arrow and lost my excalipur broadhead. Lesson was learned.
No offence dude, but what did you actually think would happen, when you shot an apple????
:D
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Pydpiper wrote:
Doe Master wrote:Pydpiper said
Indeed it is! I am going to write a book, "101 ways to wound yourself with a crossbow". Now I wear a hockey helmet and a jock strap when I practice new stuff with it. :wink:
I wear a football helmet with no face guard..........all the time.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Pydpiper wrote:Rope cocker is simple and effective. Just make sure to have your arrow out first, good way to ruin a pair of boots. :wink:

are u speaking from experience? lol
dutchhunter

getting hurt

Post by dutchhunter »

hey i watched as a fellow member went to unload his xbow and forgot to remove the arrow thank the lord he had a new pair steel toe winter work boots on becouse when he pulled the trigger the arrow cut thru the top layer and slid down the steel toe curve or this would have been very bad with at least two toes gone for sure maby wores DUTCH ps you know who you are haha :oops: