What crossbow target do you guys recommend?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

CF - I have to thank you for that last post. I needed a good totally-out-of-control gigglefit. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

Thanks for all that useful info guys :lol:
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
(hoping a boo string in the new year)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sure isn't hard to tell when the sun goes down around here.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
fratri

Post by fratri »

I make my own target..... I go to the local job/construction site, ask them for their scrap/cut offs Styrofoam, cut it into 18"x18"squares and tape them about a dozen (depending on the width, usually 1.5") or so all together nice and tight and a homemade block target is born. After I have taken 100 shots or so I cut the tape and rearrange/flip the 18" blocks over so the arrow holes don't line up any more and continue shooting until I get a chance to go back and get more..... Cheap but effective.... It holds up well against the phoenix..
TPM

Post by TPM »

Ive had inserts pull out with fletch tite before, but that was after quite a few shits.
I wonder if this kid used fletch tite?:D :D :shock:

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I bought stryaphome insulation they use for houses then I bought 2 bails of straw for two dollars that I put behind it. Cheap and works gr8
honker

Post by honker »

stoop14 wrote:
honker wrote:Thats the one i use...
what one?
The one listed from Basspro that you originally posted.

It's nothing spectacular by any means but it is a target to shoot at that will aid in patterning your distances and also will let you get a grasp or handle on the scope.

In addition to that target, we bought extra bags that just fit ontop of this model. Basically, we can shoot the heck out of the main block, then for other trials, slip the bag ontop and have a new face to aim at.

It's nothing fancy... We have had targets in the past from extra foam hanging around the house... We got by doing that... but we'd have a heck of a time getting the arrows out. This new target block is rather simple at getting the arrows out.. hardly anything to it.

good luck on the choice.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

TPM wrote:
Ive had inserts pull out with fletch tite before, but that was after quite a few shits.

I hoped they both wiped!
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

lol, anyone els
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
DanO

Post by DanO »

The Block is great. Easy to get the bolts out of and no pass throughs after four years. I couldn't get the bolts out of those styrofoam blocks. The styro melts to the shaft because of the heat from the fricition. Does anyone use a full body decoy target?

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

i'll be shooting 98% field points and 2% just before hunting broadheads.
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
bbbwb

What Crossbow target used

Post by bbbwb »

I made my own and it has worked out well. I took an ordinary poly grain bag and stuffed it tight, tight tight --- packing with my foot --- with fiberglass screening material. I use old screen obtained from hardware stores that provide screen replacement installation. Tie the top of the bag with string as one would a sack of grain. I then install a square sheet of cardboard (lid or bottom of a pizza box) to the side of the bag with screw nails and pin paper target to it with stick pins and shoot USING TARGET POINTS.
As it is used it will get shot up in the one area and bolts will show sign of greater depth penetration. Vary the position of the target location to extend the life but to rebuild target, simply untie string, add more screening, packing tight tight tight by foot pressure, retie bag and continue use. I have not had a bolt pass through and they remove easily.
I DO NOT USE ALUMINUM SCREENING so as not to be more wearing on the target points(altering their weight).DO NOT USE BROADHEADS as this target will be cut to shreds.
This is an inexpensive target and very easy to make and maintain.

bbbwb
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Kelley wrote:
TPM wrote:

I hoped they both wiped!
LOL I hope they did too and flushed and washed there hands :lol:
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I use the Crossbow King for broadheads and their bag target for field points.

http://www.archerytargets.com/
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
dutchhunter

targets

Post by dutchhunter »

i have two one is a cheap bag 50$ at ctc or walmart i shot this one most the arrows come out so easy very nice to shot the other one i have it the back yard buck 3D andit realy helps with confidence helps pic a spot but very hard two pull the arrows out .so what i do is put the bag between the legs of the bucki will shot three or four in to the bag and the last one or two in the buck for god luck DUTCH