question on phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DMc

Post by DMc »

My vote would be for the Exocet 200. Perfect balance, speed and comfort of shooting. Typical Excal, deadly accurate, beautiful, total work of art...ok, ok, I'm a little bias. But a VERY nice bow, indeed.

One thing you might want to consider on the heavy/light arrow discussion is that white tails don't require a lot of energy to get a pass through shot. So if arrow retreival is desired, a modest weight, high speed arrow will get the job done. But if your bow has enough power, say 200 lbs, it will still have the ability to throw a heavy arrow at good speed, which really is required for the dispatching of large game such as elk.

Dave
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

As I said in in another thread - my wife got me a Exomax for Christmas. I was looking at the Ecxocet 200 but she said she decided to get the Exomax because she thought faster would be better. Guess I taught her too well.

Get what you like and you will like what you get. :D
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
terrym

Post by terrym »

I picked up a used Phoenix this year and so far have taken one deer with it at 18 yds and never did find the arrow since we had about 2ft of snow. This thing is spooky accurate. When sighting it in at 20yds I was busting arrows and quickly realized you cant hold on the same spot while shooting. If buying new I would likely have bought the Vortex only because we have moose here and the ability to shoot a heavier arrow would be an advantage.