O/T Walleye Fishing in Quebec

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Apple_Orchard

O/T Walleye Fishing in Quebec

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Researching a Walleye/Northern fishing trip within 8 hours (N, NW, NE) from Montreal. Anyone have any personal recommendations for outfitters/lakes?

Thanks!
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

My father-in-law has fished Lake Kipiwa (sp?) with good success. It's a well known Pickeral lake in PQ. I believe it is NW of Montreal.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Thanks much. This trip will be for May 2009.
xbhntr

Quebec

Post by xbhntr »

I've hunted and fished in Quebec ,watch out for hidden license and dockage fees. Speaking French also helps. Ray.
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Check out these guys. We have fished with these guys about 10 times in the last 15 years. We always did the outpost camps and you have most of the lakes to yourself.

http://www.caesarslodge.com/welcome-eng.html
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Ceasar's lodges is a nice place to go.Been fishing that area for many years .You will like the place and the fish.
Wish you a nice vacation.
That place is about 7hres from Montreal by hightway 15N then route 117N
Taureau noir
---------Chasseurs et Pêcheurs du Québec----
http://chasseursetpecheurs.actifforum.com
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/momo7132/LOGO/chasseur_pecheur2.jpg[/img]
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

i remember as a kid i use to live up by lac quevillon,even as a kid i could fill a stringer with pickeral(dore as they call it)..
three years ago i was up that way,and from what i heard theres still lots of fish in that and surrounding lakes..
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Don't go too far north. I found out the hard way. Last year I was working in the very northern tip of QC (above the tree line). Paid over $100 for a licence for the sole purpose of fishing char when I got up there. When I did, they told me that I could not fish because I needed a guide (non-resident) :x . I asked where the nearest one was and they told me 300 miles from there. This was a VERY REMOTE location and no one ever would have been the wiser, but I was so pissed at the bad information I got prior to going there, that I didn't fish. We asked the question before we went up and they told us, all we need to do is buy a QC licence, and yes we have them here.

Yeah right!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
matt_mcco

Post by matt_mcco »

we go to lake kipawa every spring awsome fishing www.kipawalodge.com is where we stay awsome people aswell
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Thanks a lot for all the input!! Looking forward to fishing (Walleye) Dore and Northern Pike in May!!
steve

Post by steve »

check out Raymer club.com Just past Deep River Ont. then 18 miles up bush roads in Que. Good walleye Pike and Speckled Trout. Might be hard to get a reservation if Bear hunting is on though. Definatly not a resort, but inexpensive.