Palmated Buck Hit---RECOVERED!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

Post by catcher »

Fantastic. I can not wait to see pictures. Congrats.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sure was happy to hear you found him. Sorry to hear the yotes got him first.
mikej

Post by mikej »

glad to hear you got him mike good job. all your hard work has paid off
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats Mike!!

I don't have a problem with a replacement cape . . .not like the whole mount is orginial equipment anyway. If you harvest the replacement, then you have a two for one mount . . .pretty cool, eh? 8)

Can't wait to see the pictures!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Like everyone else I have been checking many times per day waiting to see the pics of this monarch, its very exciting kinda like being a kid again waiting for xmass morning. Congrats, I know what its like targeting one particular animal its tough to stick with it and I have only been successful on a couple of them out of dozens. It is a very gratifying accomplishment again big congrats.
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sumner4991 wrote:Congrats Mike!!

I don't have a problem with a replacement cape . . .not like the whole mount is orginial equipment anyway. If you harvest the replacement, then you have a two for one mount . . .pretty cool, eh? 8)

Can't wait to see the pictures!
im sure hes thinking this also but if he harvests a replacement cape, its gonna be a 150+ class buck also thats going to get mounted :P

i dont like using a cape off a different buck though for those reasons.. i want the hide and antlers to stay together :D Ive thought about using a different cape on one I have mounted since he had battle scars, but that was part of the buck so I wanted it to stay that way.

depending on what was cutup from the yotes, most can salvage a hide.. im sure most of the damage done was to the rear and stomach area. Hopefully the neck hide was in ok shape to use

ive checked this post 20 times today hoping to see some pictures LOL :lol: :P :P :P
Rich

Post by Rich »

I don't have an issue with another cape as look as it is comparable in size to the deer. Unless there are distinctive features in a hide, most hunters wouldn't be able to tell the difference by the time it got back from the taxidermist 6-9 months later. Look at it like your wife, just because she puts a different dress on, she is still the same women underneath.

Rich
huntman

Post by huntman »

Rich wrote:I don't have an issue with another cape as look as it is comparable in size to the deer. Unless there are distinctive features in a hide, most hunters wouldn't be able to tell the difference by the time it got back from the taxidermist 6-9 months later. Look at it like your wife, just because she puts a different dress on, she is still the same women underneath.

Rich

i couldnt agree more!! Well Said Rich!!! Much rather that then an european mount. Especially if he is as big as Mike P states he is!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

great job mike :wink: .................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i haven't posted in 1000 years but have been lurking and following this hunt, and a big congrats to you Mike!!