New gear/equipment changes this year ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

New gear/equipment changes this year ?

Post by vixenmaster »

anyone else going to be trying a few new things this year ?
several things i will be getting that should help me out are.
a hand muffler, no matter what or how many gloves i wear my fingers get stiff n cold. not good as arthur likes to cause me lots of pain then.
same goes for my feet. i will get a pr. of IceBreakers. of course once the cold weather sets in i will have to tote my duffle/gear bag instead of the small field pack i use in warmer temps. of course i won't need any of it in my shoot house i build this year. it will have a propane heater & back supported swivel stool or chair. i can leave my CB and quiver of arrows locked up inside of shoot house. i need a new pr. of rubber boots for early to mid season, scent control. will build a CB holder to strap to tree, i don't like screwing stuff into trees as it opens an area for insects to begin their destruction. i have to put new brake shoes on my 3 wheeler as mine have given up the ghost.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am going to need new boots, I broke the zipper off of mine late in the season. I also need new camo, I want something lighter and warmer, a bit of control over air flow would be nice too.
Other than that I am simply going to tear down all my arrows and redo them with wraps, I really like the way they look and how easy they are too apply.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Im going to get a new climber stand,i have a Rivers Edge tiger claw now and it's very uncomfortable.Been looking at the Summit Ulimate Viper SS. I also need some snake-proof rubber boots,seen my share of rattle snakes,copperheads,cottonmouths and even a coral snake.Seems every year i see more of each! I also plan on buying a new crossbow,the Ibex. It should be alot more serving friendly compared to my Exomax. I also want to get my hands on a few of the famous Boo Strings.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Next year I plan to add some deer to my hunts.... :roll:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

With the coating technology getting better all the time, I have decided to disassemble my Y25 and welcome some fine visual upgrades.
First, the limbs will be stripped and coated in "Light Burlwood" finish to match the stock or maybe coat them in Carbon Fibre. Then the Riser, Stirup, dissapator bars and scope mount will recieve a cool Carbon Fiber coating. I can't wait 8) 8)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Bet that will look awesome Norm,post some pic's when it's finished!
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

Gee Norm, that's not like you at all!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

VixChix wrote:Next year I plan to add some deer to my hunts.... :roll:
Vix, isn't that what you said last year. :lol: With all the deer in your neck of the woods, one would of though that you could've rack'em and stack'em.

Maybe you should try to tag along with RJ, he seems to know where they are roaming like sheep. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Not exactly for the Excalibur but, I would like to try some Harris Bipods on my Predator Rifle. Anybody use them? I am not as steady as I used to be.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Harris Bipods are awesome!!
I own 4 of them. One in every size.
I very much prefer the swivel unit over the fixed position.
It's worth the extra money for the swivel option.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

enormous wrote:Harris Bipods are awesome!!
I own 4 of them. One in every size.
I very much prefer the swivel unit over the fixed position.
It's worth the extra money for the swivel option.
Next trip to Cabelas, I got to get a set.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i have a new set of cutsom bolts coimg in from a friend of mine. and add the accu draw to the phoenix.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
BryanOney

New Stuff

Post by BryanOney »

I like my Harris bipods a lot. A new boot I purchased this year that I really like is the Cabela's brand 2000 gram of thinsulate rubber boot. In weather when it is 10 degrees cold or colder I could never keep my feet warm. My feet were my personal chink in my armor that limited how long I could hunt. Before I had rubber boots with a 1000 grams of thinsulate. With these 1000 gram boots, a wicking polypropolene sock and a wool sock I just could not keep my feet warm longer that 2 hours if it was 10 degrees or colder. My feet would ache to the point of being unbearable. The 2000 gram boots took care of my problem. My feet are much warmer on stand now. It is amazing how much faster time goes by on stand when my feet are not aching from the cold.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Loggy Bayou Predator pro hang on stands.. I bought 2 to try and just got them today... they are awesome with the camo platform. One well built piece!

other than that, I have 3 cuddeback capture cameras I plan on enjoying this year;) This is my first season trying trail cameras
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I hope to be able to hang on to what I got :lol: Which isn't looking likely. In addition I hope to be able to buy groceries, pay my mortgage, and keep warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. :wink: Oh, I also hope my fifteen year old car doesn't give up the ghost, and I'm able to hang on to my job. Other than that, nothing else in the works.

Joe