goat tuff glues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

goat tuff glues

Post by crazyfarmer »

anyone take the time to try the different types? They make a quality, high performance, and a instant brand. I was wondering if one dried better than the others.

I know the thickness varies from 1000-1500. I just wondering if maybe the thinner version dried clear compared to the thicker types
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

Hey Crazyfarmer
l spoke to you a few weeks ago and thanks for helping me to get started on bolt fletching. l've tried a few different types of glue and so far l like the Gorilla gel glue the best. It dries very nice and allows you to wipe off access glue on either side of the fletch for a better cleaner look to the shafts even though the fletch is glued on tight. Also, l have not had one fletch peel off a bit. No shots taken yet but l'll post my results.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Perch74 wrote:Hey Crazyfarmer
l spoke to you a few weeks ago and thanks for helping me to get started on bolt fletching. l've tried a few different types of glue and so far l like the Gorilla gel glue the best. It dries very nice and allows you to wipe off access glue on either side of the fletch for a better cleaner look to the shafts even though the fletch is glued on tight. Also, l have not had one fletch peel off a bit. No shots taken yet but l'll post my results.
thanks for the info.. i wasnt aware that goat tuff had 3 different types, but they all seem to do the job. I didnt know if anyone tried the 3 different types and had some results on them. Im just using the instant and the only way to remove inserts is to cut them shaft open LOL
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Crazyfarmer- Bowhuntersuperstore shows Goat Tuff Debonder 1 oz for 6.99.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Real McCoy wrote:Crazyfarmer- Bowhuntersuperstore shows Goat Tuff Debonder 1 oz for 6.99.
I saw.... that would probably be ideal for vanes, but I dont see how thats gonna get up inside the insert to loosen that. But for the vanes, a razor blade does the best work LOL, espically if its wrapped since no matter that the wrap will get messed up

if anyones actaully tried that debonder, let us know how it works
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I use Loc Tite Super Glue Gel. Walmart for about a buck 98.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i got my goat tuff TO-23 and i have to boil my arrows in water for 10 min then lock the field pts in my vise and twist real hard and they break loose. sometimes have stick back in boiling water couple times but they will and do come loose don't know the other goat tuff glue
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315