scoutguard cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

scoutguard cameras

Post by crazyfarmer »

anyone ever try one of those out? I was surfing around online and found some good reviews on these cameras. Going price is around 200bucks shipped

seems its been tested pretty well over on hunting.net and passed the test
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i will be getting one of them i have a friend thats got one and he loves his. very smally and a great battery life.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

let me know how you like.. how's the weather proofing? I think as long as you dont drown it under water it will be fine :D

do you have any pics from his?

I might try one this fall since they are so small.. excellent security camera also 8)
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

They get a good reveiw here. They are really selling because of their size.Checkout the shootouts on the left set of Links.
http://www.trailcampro.com/
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

also look on this site www.gon.com under thier trail cameras section. thier is one place thats show how you can make weather covers out of pvc piping and a few ofhter things. also go to this site www.crossroadscabin.com and look for a fellow named oxmos hes the one with the camera great night time shots and the day ones are excellent.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
ddwade

Scoutguard

Post by ddwade »

I've got 2 and a buddy has 1. I'm really enjoying mine but the deer here are totally nocturnal right now so I have no daytime pictures. The IR pictures are good. One of mine has been through several rain storms with no issues. I've had one camera out since Christmas and the batteries are still at 75%. This is my first venture into trail cams and I'm liking it. Can't wait until next season.
Last edited by ddwade on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DWinVA
crazyfarmer

Re: Scoutguard

Post by crazyfarmer »

ddwade wrote:I've got 2 and a buddy has 1. I'm really enjoying mine but the deer here are totally nocturnal right now so I have no daytime pictures. The IR pictures are good. One of mine has been through several rain storms with no issues. I've had one camera out since Christmas and the batteries are still at 75%. This is my first venture into trail cams and I'm liking it. Can't wait until next season.

[/img]
im pretty sure im gonna pick up one this fall to test.. if anyone ever has issues dig this post back up and post them. So far, I havent heard any downsides. Onething I like this camera for would be watching treestands or other cameras if you think a thief is around :lol:
CAPT

Post by CAPT »

Used them all this year, cant beat the trigger time and battery life. The small size is very nice all so. Made the other wildviews and stealthcams we were using look stupid! Set to 3 pic burst with a reset time of 30sec. it would take 800 pics in 2 days over food. It take pics of birds flying and snow falling on the top sensitivity setting. Can not beat them for the price !!
fletch

Post by fletch »

Damn just bought a Cuddeback no flash 4300, the reviews for these Scoutguards seem excellent.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Great "little" camera.....but does everything the big camaeras do.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

fletch wrote:Damn just bought a Cuddeback no flash 4300, the reviews for these Scoutguards seem excellent.
You made the right choice!
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hi Fred have you used both of these? Hopefully the cuddeback is good. From CFs pictures they seem really good but in most of the reviews it seems like the Scoutguard is rated better.
Thanks.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

fletch wrote:Hi Fred have you used both of these? Hopefully the cuddeback is good. From CFs pictures they seem really good but in most of the reviews it seems like the Scoutguard is rated better.
Thanks.
I think its gonna depend on if you want a B/W night photo or a color one.. i like color hands down, but I like the stealth of the IR. But ive read that the red glow of the IR spooks deer more than the bright flash.

I still think the capture is easier to work.. heck, its only 1knob and 2 buttons(simple setup).. but its made for one purpose.. quick photos.. no extra modes like vid and etc

i plan on trying the scout this fall though :lol:
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

CF mentioned trying the camera this fall and that got me thinking. I'm planning on setting up feeders and cameras as soon as the snow is gone. Is there any reason not to put cameras out in the spring / summer?
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

fletch wrote:Hi Fred have you used both of these? Hopefully the cuddeback is good. From CFs pictures they seem really good but in most of the reviews it seems like the Scoutguard is rated better.
Thanks.
I've you used many brands of cameras and a high end cuddeback in my eyes is unbeatable. I've not used the capture models yet, but a good friends of mine has and likes them, but he tells me there not as nice as there big brother. At half the price I didn't expect them to. The biggest thing i've learned about trail cameras is you get what you pay for.