35%
Carbon
65%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 52

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

2219 alum., 2" blazers, 100gr slicktricks, gonna try the 4 blade Montec next....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

been shooting alum...this past year switched to carbon for more accuracy but will continue to shoot both
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

[quote="crazyfarmer"]carbon
I used aluminum for years and just got sick of them bending. :cry:

That pretty much sums it all up about Aluminum - Carbon is my choice.
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Aluminum for me so far, Got a dozen carbon that I will try this year hunting, for target practise I go to aluminum.
CAPT

Post by CAPT »

20" beman Lighting bolts. ALM bends and breaks too easy, especially in cold weather.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

aluminum for me. beem making my own arrows bolts for last 30 years. made my own arrow straightener when i was working (retired) just made up 10 arrows today for CB . I bought 5 doz xx75 shafts about 25 years ago and still have 1& 1/2 doz left after today . have taken 101 deer so far and last 6 with c/b . Hawk :) :) :)
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

2219 Aluminum, just like them. No splinters.

Mr. Leonard Hawkins would like to see some pitchers of that arrow straightener.

Paul.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

My buddy Doc insists that we use only aluminum. If he sees any of us with a carbon arrow he takes them. He spent two hours removing splinters from a compound shooter and has been a fanatic about not using carbon ever since.

I tell him that incident occurred several years ago and that carbon arrows today have improved tremendously when compared with the early offerings. But he is hardheaded. He won't budge.

So for me it is aluminum.

I don't think the deer mind.
michiganman

arrows

Post by michiganman »

im speaking from bowhunting only,but my thought is the same with my xbow.there are 5 in my family of bowhunters,and we have taking countless whitetails here in michigan.we all changed from alluminum years ago after many bent arrows,and many arrows snapped right off after the deer hit the first tree if i didnt get a pass through.

some of the arrows shot 5 plus deer with.out of the last 75 deer we have shot,i dont think we ruined maybe three arows with carbon.i ruined that many alluminum in a year.so 5 of us vote carbon all the way..................................
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Aluminum is my choice, 2117, tried carbon and didn't like them as I could not get any 2 to shoot anywhere near eachother. Thought maybe I got a bad box so exchanged them and got same results with new box and they were Firebolts.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn