Another new convert

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Another new convert

Post by theoldarcher »

I think I have created a monster! My wife bless her heart, has not shared my enthusiasm over my crossbow purchase…..until today. I talked her into shooting my Phoenix this afternoon for the first time. She has never shot a crossbow before and was kind of skeptical about it. After sighting the crossbow in I let her have her turn. The very first shot was dead center. Her second shot cut the same hole. I couldn’t get it away from her! At twenty yards she cut the same hole for the third time. Needless to say, there’s a new crossbow in her future. She has to make up her mind about either the Vixen or Phoenix. Maybe I can order an Exocet and she can have my Phoenix. The possibilities are now endless. Either way she is now hooked and hasn’t shut up about it till yet.

Thanks Excalibur.

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if she's comfortable shooting your bow, i'd give here that and you can step up to the vortex;)

just depends on how well she can cock that bow :D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

AWESOME!!! I always love to hear about other gals discovering the joys of shooting!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Look's like you got the whole family interested there. :)
I can get my Wife to do everything with me, including field dressing, but not shooting or hunting. :(
But one day when the youngest is gone, things will change. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Thats great. Family time at its finest.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Thats great that Mom enjoys it too.My wife hunted with me when we were younger.It tightens the Bond. :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

She use to go deer hunting with me all the time until she just got to where she couldn't get around in the woods very well anymore. She has been on dialysis for the past 11 years and it has taken it's toll on her. She got out with me this past season helping track a little and I could tell she really misses getting out like that. She can shoot better than I can and has killed her share of deer in the past. I hope getting her a crossbow may help get that old feeling back.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

She use to go deer hunting with me all the time until she just got to where she couldn't get around in the woods very well anymore. She has been on dialysis for the past 11 years and it has taken it's toll on her. She got out with me this past season helping track a little and I could tell she really misses getting out like that. She can shoot better than I can and has killed her share of deer in the past. I hope getting her a crossbow may help get that old feeling back.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Looks like she has the hang of it,that's great.

I asked my Wife the other day why she doesn't shoot with me and she said "You never asked me to before"
OOPS
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

saxman wrote: I asked my Wife the other day why she doesn't shoot with me and she said "You never asked me to before"
OOPS
Sax, you know, I honestly think that most women would try it if they had the opportunity to do so in an environment where they wouldn't have to be afraid of looking stupid.

Guys, just go ask your wives! Even if they've said no in the past, we women are known to change our minds! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I am jelious, very jelious, not that your wife is enjoying crossbow but is that you sitting there in a pair of shorts? Or is that you sitting there in the buff? LOL Little chilly for that sport here!
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Actually that is my sister in-law in the shorts and my son without the shirt. We have had some beautiful weather here over the past week with temps in the mid 60’s during the day which is why we got outside shooting yesterday.
VixChix I have always encouraged my wife to go hunting and fishing with me and she has embarrassed me on more than one occasion. She is an absolute great shot and she has a tendency to out fish me quite often. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. It is nice to have someone special to share your other loves with.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Under no circumstances will I hand the Swede a weapon.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

That's ok Mike P, I always keep the guns and ammo seperate from each other. I'm not that daff yet :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Mike P wrote:Under no circumstances will I hand the Swede a weapon.
It's a good thing I don't live closer to "the Swede" - it'd be tempting to get a little shooting club going just for gals! :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry, are my Viking roots showing?)