turkey season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigsy

turkey season

Post by bigsy »

Does anyone know why ontario lost two days in 2009? :?
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

heard it was because the 25th this year is the 4th Saturday in April so it would have coinsided witht the Trout opener :( Something about not enough Conservation officers to cover it all :(

I personally am pissed, with limited holiday time, losing a weekend in a six weekend season is A major hit :evil:
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

I am really pissed also cause i booked my holidays to start a couple days befor the opener on Sat April 25 so i could leave and go to my cousins and set up and start hunting on sat morn and sun , now that is blowen all to hell, and i dont think i can change my hollidays, i heard it was because if the season opener falls on a Sat or Sun the opener is moved to the following Mon which is the 27th of April this year, apearently this is from a friend of mine that writes for the local paper and has spoke to the MNR and says that this is written in the regulations , i cant find my o8 regs but it is not in the 07 regs book , i am going to look up the regs on line in a minute and see , i think this is complete BULL sh.. , i wonder how many guys are going to not find out about this and get cought hunting on April 25th, im pretty sure it did say in the 08 regs that the 09 turkey season was on the 25th :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :!:
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

that really sucks :x I guess they'll have hired more CO's by monday then? :roll:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

bigsy

Post by bigsy »

[quote="xbowking"]I i wonder how many guys are going to not find out about this and get cought hunting on April 25quote]

if I hadn't seen a forum member mention the 27 i might have been one

Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

It is in the on-line reg's
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

It is in the 08/spring09 regs that the 2009 season opens on Monday April 27th .This sucks. aperently this happened in 2004 also the 25th was on a sun , so it opened on the 26th.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Opener on a Monday....guess I'm booking another week off :D .

Just found out my brother in law is coming up this spring from N.S. I have had him tied in knots the past few years with turkey pictures. Hopefully I can put him on his first gobbler!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i believe they don't want all kinds of people rushing to the bush if it opened on sat ....safety issues i guess ...
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

warningshot wrote:i believe they don't want all kinds of people rushing to the bush if it opened on sat ....safety issues i guess ...
I can understand the safety issues but, we still lose two days, season still closes May 31 and I know I'll need them :oops: