How are you spending your Valentines day?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

How are you spending your Valentines day?

Post by Pydpiper »

We are going to have a nice big bonfire, I have some beautiful red oak I have been saving for a special occasion and I think tonight is going to be it.
Oddly the only part of my property that has no snow is the area around one of our favourite fire pits in the back yard, the kids set up the chairs and I split the wood.
From there I think we are going to move over to the far side of our property and spend the rest of the night in the camper, which is also warming up as I type this. Watching a fire sparkle through a glass of red wine is priceless, especially when the rest of the land is covered in snow. There is no chance of wind getting to us in this part of our yard, so once the fire gets roaring we find ourselves in sweatshirts around the fire, even in sub zero temperatures.

I hope everyone has a great day, and stay warm however you see fit. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

You are very lucky to be able to have fires in you're yard, living in a subdivision really sucks at times. Enjoy you're evening!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We're delivering Valentines treat to the our mothers and then later on tonight we're joining some friends at a bonfire at their place. (Don't worry Pyd, we're not crashing your party! :wink: )

Our just-turned- 4 year old son is setting the tone this Valentine's Day this year. We've told him it means lots of kissing, hugs and "love you's" ... so adorable watching him wish the dogs a Happy Valentines Day and saying that he loves them.... and us too. :lol: Doesn't get much better than that! We are blessed!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Warm sounds nice David. Enjoy the camp fire!! Almost made it there :(
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Will be spending it with my girls. Will head down to see my parents this morning and then off to watch my youngest play hockey. Going to try to talk them into playing some board games tonight. I like the idea of a bon fire will do that next year.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
terrym

Post by terrym »

I'm cooking dinner for my wife & 2 daughters. Making thier favourite veal scalopini, my home made tomato sauce penne rigate and I also baked them a sugar pie ( yeah, i'm French Canadian, lol ). I already picked her up her dzn long stems. Am I a renaissance man or what eh? I may be wearing a day old beard and camo track pants but can still whip them up a gastronomiq feast :lol:
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

In the house with the wife and my 4 year old with double ear infection and a 6 year old with pneomina.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Sorry to hear about the little ones wildwindom. Will send some prayers for them!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Taking the Swede out to dinner and then heading to the Cintas Center to watch Xavier play Fordham.
dutchhunter

honey dew day

Post by dutchhunter »

i got roses and chocoalte and fundg for the wife then cookd her breakfest after that went over to are new houes and had to do a bi clean up becoues we just had 33 new widows put i so sweeping and mpping all the hard wood floors was n order .we are moving on the 26th of this month i hope my pc stays on track with the phone and stuff .happy lovin everybody DUTCH & FAMILY
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Well, our personal Valentine's remembrance was low-budget:

I got her a card and a bag of Cupid-colored M&M's.

She got me a Starbuck's Sampler.

Tonight, we're to a catered Valentine's Banquet (Salad, Cavatini, Cheesecake) at our church Fellowship Hall, and then to show the movie Fireproof on the A/V Big Screen to the congregation and visitors in the auditorium!

Ah, technology. Popcorn, anyone? 8)

Y'all didn't know I was a projectionist too, did ya? :P :wink:
Grizz
HW

Post by HW »

Just got back from visiting with Don (Boo) and Karen at their cottage. I am at home now and my wife and I are in the family room with a roaring fire in the fireplace. No better places to spend any day.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
mikej

Post by mikej »

my wife and i took our daughter dog sledding
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

awoke early for a squirrel hunt with a couple of dogs; back at 2 pm.. with candy and card and an electronic thing that... (minds out of the gutter !! ) when you press the button it talks to you... pickup lines...
for a laugh..
got a balloon and candy from Connie, my love...
got a grandkid to babysit around 6pm so the kids can go share time alone.. he is 8 months and spoiled ROTTEN by his grandma and a little tiny bit by me... very little by me..
now just chilling.. he and the missus are napping.. I am planning to shoot bows tomorrow to sharpen the skills and get more intimate with the phoenix... I love that bow.. I have a desert stryker that is seeing no love since I picked up the phoenix.. I will court it again.. but ... now .. it is me and the phoenix.. I FEEL REBORN.. LOL
pun intended.
dk
life guard at the gene pool
mikej

Post by mikej »

kennisondan wrote:awoke early for a squirrel hunt with a couple of dogs; back at 2 pm.. with candy and card and an electronic thing that... (minds out of the gutter !! ) when you press the button it talks to you... pickup lines...
for a laugh..
got a balloon and candy from Connie, my love...
got a grandkid to babysit around 6pm so the kids can go share time alone.. he is 8 months and spoiled ROTTEN by his grandma and a little tiny bit by me... very little by me..
now just chilling.. he and the missus are napping.. I am planning to shoot bows tomorrow to sharpen the skills and get more intimate with the phoenix... I love that bow.. I have a desert stryker that is seeing no love since I picked up the phoenix.. I will court it again.. but ... now .. it is me and the phoenix.. I FEEL REBORN.. LOL
pun intended.
dk
now what would give you the idea that anyone here might have their minds in the gutter :lol: :lol: :lol:..... i'll be the first to admit mine was headed there :lol: :lol: