Toronto Sportsman show?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terrym

Toronto Sportsman show?

Post by terrym »

I haven't been down in @12 years now but am thinking of it this year. Isit worth the admission and parking fee or has that idiot Mayor banned all guns and hunting stuff?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hehehe terym, That would make a good sportsman show, likely ban wearing camo, so you don't scare the "common" folk that might think you are a sniper. Hey they banned colours from the motorcycle show. Just one more freedom down the tubes in this country. You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free. Freedom, and all the consequences it brings, are ours to behold, respect and admire.

Now they want to ban kids under 12 from being on motorcycles. Promote "Family Day" is a joke. Some put sidecars on bikes so they can take kids with them. I for one spent allot of money modifing my bike years back raising foot petals and custom seat ect just so my son could ride with me. Nowhere he wanted to be more than on back of bike with me. Goverment not think that with your kid on the back you are a much more concious rider cause what parent is not going to protect there kid?
Had him in all leather and sunglasses, he wanted to be just like Dad.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

i went last year and it was pretty good, but i was a little disapointed to find the hunting area was about 1/8 of the size of the fishing area. if you do go bring your own lunch, the food vendors were crazy prices.
Team Dryfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

I go every year. It isn't like the old days where there were tons of exhibitors and stuff to buy, almost all directly related to fishing, hunting or camping. The floor space has gotten more and more expensive and people buy less and less forcing the smaller retailers out. It's sad to see this yearly place to pilgrimage to fade way to a ripple in the pond. :cry:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We go every year- usually on the Friday to beat the crowds. Lots of boats, campers and other stuff. Sure would love to see more going on in Hunting Hall, but it's still a pretty fun and interesting day out.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i have never been to it. where is it? when is it? and how much does it cost?
terrym

Post by terrym »

mikej wrote:i have never been to it. where is it? when is it? and how much does it cost?
-Dowtown Toronto exhibition place
-Week of March break
-$$more than its worth

:lol:
Stash

Post by Stash »

Years ago it was great. I used to do archery demos in the arena along with several other Toronto area archers, and in the 80s and 90s we ran target and 3D competitions every year which got great crowds despite being stuck in a corner of the building where nobody wandered.

But they cancelled all the shooting - I was told "liability" reasons. :?

I haven't been there in years, but I understand there are some deals to be had with some of the archery retailers - people tell me they find great prices on "show specials" including Excaliburs.
TPM

Post by TPM »

We usually go every year. The hunting area seems to have gotten smaller every year but still worth seeing. I'm greatly disappointed in what the dealers actually bring to the show. If you want a turkey choke, turkey call or turkey decoy it's a great place to shop. Any accessories to do with waterfowl or big game hunting forget it. We'll be there Friday afternoon if anyone wants to hook up.
Here's the link.

http://www.sportsmensshows.com/Toronto/index.html
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I used to attend but then fighting all the crowds took all the fun out of it. I thought about going this year just to meet the folks at excalibur. We will see. The parking, admission, crowds are all strikes against it for a hermit like me. :wink:
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: I quit going for many years but have been going that last 3 years and it is getting better evey year with the Hunting Hall! I will most likely be going again this year! Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Use to go with my dad every year when I was younger....
I use to love going to watch the retriever trials!

Have not been there in about 10 years, was very dissapointed the last time I went..... Maybe I will check it out this year, I will be on holidays that week anyway,
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
mattones

Post by mattones »

im heading down :D
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I'll be there!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

planning on it also. Probably on the Sat or Sun. not totally sure yet.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows