Post by mikej »

don't hold back piper tell us how you really feel :lol: :lol:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

xbowkidd wrote:
Orville Redenbacher or Pop Weaver?
am i missing something?
Evidently, you are! :D

On this and many other forums, when a controversial or "hot potato" subject that has often been beaten around (or to death) comes up again, someone usually writes:

"Popcorn, anyone?"

When this is written, it's always a "tongue-in-cheek" reference to everyone sitting back and enjoying the often dramatic discussion to follow.

History proves that here on the Excal forum, even the casual mention of Middleton crossbows virtually guarantees some lively comments on this forum, as all frequent posters know.

Orville Redenbacher and Pop Weaver are both popcorn brands.

Did that clear it up? :D

Glad you're so pleased with your refinished parts! 8)

Now ... pass the popcorn! :wink:
Grizz
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I had to go check these xbows out on their website since I've never seen one up here. I can see what some are saying about "cloning" or copying of the Excals but frankly, what these guys have done with the stuff that wasn't copied is just ugly. I don't like the look of those limbs at all. Their ergos look awful on the hand grips - way too much angle on them. I'll stick to the Excaliburs.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i've never seen their website, it is probably a clone of this one :lol: :lol:
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Pydpiper Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eli's in Simcoe is one of those dealers who tries to push the Middelton crap, The guy never shuts up in the first place, after listening to his BS speech about Middleton bows I have to assume everything from his mouth is a attempt at deceit. I know he is just mad at Excal for other reasons but tries to project it as Fiddleton bows being a decent product.
I wont go in to what I feel about clones unless this thread keeps going, but I have a very cut and dried opinion on that bows maker, or anyone else who sits in this country and clones another mans work. I will never forget the moment Dan at Eli's said "Derek Middelton spent his whole life making this bow", he tried so hard to say it with conviction. Quite frankly I could have spat in his face. Instead I simply walked out, never to return.
Another store that hangs them up on display is GK's gunroom in London, I bought my first rifle from him and also my wife's first rifle, after seeing that damn bow hanging on the wall I have removed him from my weekly gun shop route as well.
It isn't about brand loyalty to me, not about better or more modern, it is simply about ethics, and that middleton guy lacks any form of class, this isn't China and we shouldn't have to put up with that type of competition. I worry about the day I run in to that low life, I know it is inevitable with as much time as I spend in sporting good stores in southern Ontario. I have a lot to say to him, a lot.
Think I am an ass on the computer? you should see me when you can't shut it off. Nothing, and I mean nothing gets under my skin faster in the business world than that kind of ethics, or lack there of.
Well said Pydpiper and couldn't agree more!
Why ride when you can walk!
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

when i first was looking for an xbow ..i did check out horton, barrnet and middleton bows ... 3 years ago went to the local shop and he was pushing everything but excals.....the next year when i was serious to buy ...he was swearring by the excals....
HW

Post by HW »

the next year when i was serious to buy ...he was swearring by the excals....

Maybe this guy decided to try out the products he was selling so that he might just have a clue as to what he was talking about.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The dealers typically switch because of the margin, there is more money to be made by them (at the point of sale) if they sell the middeltons. However, I think the aggravation of trying to deal with the inevitable warranty work turns them back to the Excalibur's.
It is a business and to the dealers it is about money, no matter what they tell you about good, better or best. Long term a bow that looks after it's self is more lucrative in the long run that the initial profit, some dealers just learn slower than others.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

Pydpiper wrote:The dealers typically switch because of the margin, there is more money to be made by them (at the point of sale) if they sell the middeltons. However, I think the aggravation of trying to deal with the inevitable warranty work turns them back to the Excalibur's.
It is a business and to the dealers it is about money, no matter what they tell you about good, better or best. Long term a bow that looks after it's self is more lucrative in the long run that the initial profit, some dealers just learn slower than others.
yup ied have to agree 100% :!:
spaerorob

Post by spaerorob »

I sent a photo of what i assumed was limb damage to steve at excalibur i could not believe how incredible he was at getting back to me and resolving the problem . I dont think middleton would be this good (im in perth western australia) a long way away . Ive dealt with spearfishing companys before over warranty from America and its like f##K OF Aussie your to far away to worry about . Excalibur is a awsome brand and they stand by there product , what more could you ask.