fshtales - thanks!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fishtales

fshtales - thanks!!!

Post by fishtales »

just want to thank all of you who replied to my new member post a few days ago. Until I buy my Phoenix within the next few months I'll be monitoring this great board daily, and after I get the bow I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. I've read several of the "signatures" on the posts and am totally unfamiliar with several if the terms and names of accessories such as "boltcutter" (assume is a broadhead brand). Would be nice if somewhere there was an index of terms and definitions??
The recluse miles back from anyone!
mikej

Post by mikej »

bolt cutters are excaliburs broadhead that comes in the package. they are 150 grain fixed blade heads usually used to increase front of center on your bolts
verrykerry

I can add to this

Post by verrykerry »

I can add to this being a new Phoenix owner myself. So far no hunting, just practice, 1-1.5" groups rested at 40 yards. I would like to find something illustrated somewhere to show the anatomy of an excalibur brand cross bow. I don't know what you folks are talking about 1/2 the time.

Kerry
Kerry in far N. Texas
mikej

Post by mikej »

i don't know where you could find anything like that but if you are confused just ask someone will answer you its a good group of guys we have here
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Most people are more than qualified to answer questions on here :D
There is no such thing as a stupid question , so ask away and I`m pretty sure someone will chime in with an answer . :)
fishtales

ANOTHER THANKS AGAIN

Post by fishtales »

Thanks once more. I am keeping a list of questions I may need some help with when or just before I buy my Excel in about a month after the April PA Game Commission meeting. However, I've been reading this board daily and a few others and then googling terms or products I'm unfamiliar with and getting lots of knowledge that way. One of my big decisions, even if PA does allow magnifying scopes is whether to go with a variscope or a red dot. I need reading glasses and although far sighted have glasses for distances also (although really don't need them that much), but find I see better through a scope using glasses whereas don't need glasses with the red dot. Not sure I want to wear glasses in a treestand taking a chance on glare???? Also, if I buy accessories separately I will have questions as to best bolts and broadheads. But they can wait for awhile while I learn more.
The recluse miles back from anyone!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Ask away with the questions and Im sure you will have an answer soon enough. I think some live on this forum 24/7 :lol: And as far as purchasing any accessories, keep an eye on the trading post. Some of the best deals you will ever find and alot of custom items you will not be able to find in a store. As far as your scope choice I would leave that up to your preference.
Why ride when you can walk!
mikej

Post by mikej »

i like the varizone. i find with some reddot you get a glare in the late evening but that is just my opinion