What digital camera??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

What digital camera??????

Post by wabi »

...........would you recommend for use by a fairly inexperienced person to use to capture outdoor pics, family pics, and good closeups?
I've been using an old Sony FD Mavica 1.2 megapixels (floppy disc storage) and it has served me well as far as picture quality (takes really great closeups), but it's big, bulky, heavy, and starting to develop battery charging issues (and a new battery didn't help).
I'd like to find a smaller camera with reasonable picture storage capacity, easy to use (self focusing, or manual override for closeups), and reasonably good picture quality, and also a reasonable price. I'm hoping I can find something in the $100. - $200. range, but when I go somewhere like WalMart there are plenty in that range, but I have no idea of what all the features mean, or the actual quality is. :lol:
wabi
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Just don't make the mistake of buying a camera that is too slow in taking pictures. The time from I Press the button until the picture is taken is too long. The result is that often have moved the camera by the time the picture is taken. I have a Nikon Coolpix S1, but it old by now, but the slowness made it crappy even for it's own era.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I bought Tina a Nikon CoolPixs 11 for Christmas. I took it out of the box, installed a battery but the lcd screen never showed anything at all. I sent it to Nikon and they denied the warranty claiming that the camera had been abused and that there was evidence of "beach sand" in the camera. So, I bought her a Canon sure shot and it works quite well but we've only had it for a month or so.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have a Fuji finepix s1000fd
It is 10 MP 12 x's optical zoom and automatic,it also takes video and panorama.
Nice camera for arount $200
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
terrym

Post by terrym »

There are a couple of weather proof ones on the market now. Might be worth considering if you carry it hunting alot.
Here's one:
http://www.olympuscanada.com/cpg_sectio ... oduct=1448
Boo

Post by Boo »

Canno Elf series of camera are reputed to have the best picture for their class. I bought an SD880
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camera- ... mncol;dir3
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have the tiny waterproof Olympus, it is great in the bush, drop proof, waterproof, freezeproof. I keep it in my pocket even when in the pool. It looks like a nice classy little camera.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Real hunters shoot a Canon.

I really like the powershots. I have three and they all take very good pictures.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

sumner4991 wrote:Real hunters shoot a Canon.

I really like the powershots. I have three and they all take very good pictures.
I should have said Powershot as well but the Elf is a better model of the Powershot series. I also have a SD700. I usually carry my Casio which takes kinda ok pics but is really thin.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ordered a Canon Powershot AS590IS today.
I'll be posting pics when I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Canon S5 IS for one heck of a all around camera

now if you want to into the big boy league, get a Canon Rebel XTI :lol:

I have both but love the S5 for quick use and the wife can take it to my kids events and zoom way in;)

I use the XTI for detailed pics that I want tp print :D

Nikon makes good cameras also.. I had a coolpix and it was a great compact camera. Just not enough zoom for me. You want opticial and not digital zoom! Digi zoom makes pics grainy if you use it to much
mikej

Post by mikej »

i just bought my wife a kodak easy share 10 megapixel on sale for 104$ at canadian tire. so far it works great and very easy to use and takes great pictures
liaf

vvvvvv

Post by liaf »

delete
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
mikej

Post by mikej »

you should probably start a new thread for this you would likely get better responses. what clip are you talking about
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My well-used Sony Cybershot works great. It has 3X zoom. And the lens fits into the eyepiece of my 8.5X Swift binoculars. Though holding the two together can be tedious, I've learned to take some great magnified pictures with them.