RE: arrow clip stuck in down position

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

liaf

RE: arrow clip stuck in down position

Post by liaf »

I shot my phoenix and vortex today for about an hour. I had no problems shooting or any other mishaps. i just took a look at my phoenix and noticed the arrow clip is stuck in the down position against the rail whereas my vortex is in the correct position with the clip having a 1/4 inch of airspace between the rail and clip. If i try to move the clip on the phoenix its very difficult to move whereas the Vortex clip moves freely. I can not figure out what has occurred and I believe that someone may have an answer for me. Any input into my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Pete
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

Is it stuck into the channel and fitting in such a way it contacts the sides so friction is holding it in ?
or is it resting on top touching the rail and very stiff but not wedged into the channel ?
thanks.
dk
life guard at the gene pool
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would bet that the last time you laid the rope cocker on the bow it rode on top of the bar, that would force it down to the rail when you cocked the bow. I have done that before and it bent the bar down hard.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Pydpiper wrote:I would bet that the last time you laid the rope cocker on the bow it rode on top of the bar, that would force it down to the rail when you cocked the bow. I have done that before and it bent the bar down hard.
Yep. That's most likely it. :D
Grizz
liaf

Post by liaf »

thanks for the replies I forgot to mention that after shooting the phoenix i did reset the brace height and it appears that the rope cocker rolled over the clip while resting it. I removed my scope mount and noticed the bent clip immediately. I put it back into the original position and remounted the scope. All looks fine now. Going to shoot tommorrow but I am sure my scope is still on the mark. thanks again for the input.Pete
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Have seen that happen more than I care to mention :)
You are not the first and probably will not be the last . Worst one I have seen was done with a crank . :shock:
mikej

Post by mikej »

what is the clip and bar you guys are talking about
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

mikej wrote:what is the clip and bar you guys are talking about
The one that hold the arrow in place when it is on the rail.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string