Taking advantage of todays weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Taking advantage of todays weather

Post by Pydpiper »

They say we broke a record of warmth, set in 1964. Hailey and I set off in to the bush in search of a fox, Hailey wants one bad for her floor. She was armed with her brothers empty Daisy Buck.

Geared up and ready to leave the house.

The scouting from a far.

The spot where she and I got our turkey.

An old rub.

A typical Hailey pose.

And finally the trek home, her favourite part!

I suppose there are worse ways to spend an afternoon. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

Ahh, jumping in puddles and fox hunting with dad. Nice David!!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
mikej

Post by mikej »

looks like you guys had a good time. did you find a fox?
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pyd, that sequence of Hailey photos just totally made my day!!!! :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

mikej wrote:looks like you guys had a good time. did you find a fox?
No, too much giggling going on out there. We managed to spook a few geese and ducks off the river but that was the extent of our trip.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Pyd
Thought I took advantage of a nice day by cutting some grass, but took better advantage and spent time with a really cute girl. Spend as much time with them as you can - trust me- they grow up really fast. The boys will be knocking before you know it,
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:
mikej wrote:looks like you guys had a good time. did you find a fox?
No, too much giggling going on out there. We managed to spook a few geese and ducks off the river but that was the extent of our trip.
i bet it was still a good day
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Great picture pydpiper! Nothing beats time spent outdoors, unless its time spent outdoors with the kids!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

She's such a beautiful little girl, David. You're so blessed to have her. I'm truly glad to see you cherish the time like that! :D
Grizz
roland

Post by roland »

looks like a great outing with your daughter but where's the fox rug.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

David, you've got a winner there. Enjoy her to the utmost.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great shot's ... Awsome to get the kids out ! .. they are the future of our sport !

Real Mcoy wrote :
Spend as much time with them as you can - trust me- they grow up really fast. The boys will be knocking before you know it,
I'll second that ... My daughter was with me on mnay field adventures .. right up till she was about 15 , then it wasn't so cool any more ... she spends all her time with friends now and the boys have been showing up more and more ... she is 17 now and complains that I scare the boys when they come over :roll:

I said what do you mean ? ... I'm always friendly when you have a boy over , and we seem to get along just fine ...

She says " Dad , last time Troy was over you made him spend time with you cleaning your guns ! "

I thought he showed an interest ... then find out later , it freaked him out a bit ! :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

R.J. wrote:
She says " Dad , last time Troy was over you made him spend time with you cleaning your guns ! "

I thought he showed an interest ... then find out later , it freaked him out a bit ! :lol:
Great subliminal message R.J. :!: :!: :!:

Every time a guy came to the house to pick up my daughter for a date I made sure to show him some of my mounts. I always had a space between two buck mounts with just a wooden shield and no buck. When the boy would ask me what happened to the mount I would just tell him I have that space reserved for any boy that hurt my daughter.

We would then laugh. But I am pretty sure they got the message.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You guys are awesome! Take care of your girls (and boys!) and make the most of that precious short time before other things become more important to them.

Taking them hunting isn't just about being outdoors together, there are so many valuable life lessons you teach your children when you take them along. One of the most important lessons is that you value their company. That is more precious than anything.

As far other things becoming more important in a young person's life - I think that's a pretty normal phase. I hunted in the mid '80s and then I didn't hunt again until much more recently. Never say never - that seed might lie dormant for a while, but who knows?

For those of you who don't have kids to mentor, consider taking another youngster under you wing. You never know the difference you could make in a kid's life!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

R.J. and MikeP you remind me of a friend of mine. When a boy came to pick up his daughter for the first time he would meet them at the door dressed in a suit. Would invite them in and say, "In case you are wondering why I am wearing a suit, just wanted you to see how I will look at your funeral if you hurt my little girl." True story, honest.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt