Colored Xbow strings.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntz

Colored Xbow strings.

Post by Huntz »

Ok ,I am new to this Sport.I don`t quite get having camo everything and then having a String that jumps out at you like a traffic light.Explain this to me.A inquisitive mind wants to know!!!!!! :wink:
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hehehe, you are right. thought about that myself.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well first, the deer will never see the string even if it were covered in LEDs because the limbs obscure the string.
Flashy strings come from traditional bows as well as compounds. The get pretty wild. Yellow and black is a common traditional bow string colour and it's hardly camo.
Bottom line is that it is just a matter of personal choice but from the stand point of a Flemish string maker it makes life easier to make a better string if you have contrasting colours. I personally think camo strings are boring. My favorite colours are black and yellow/red/flo green/flo yellow. Using multiple mixed colours and all black makes it difficult to see how well the string is made. When I say good I mean in an aestheic way.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

never had a problem with my black and yellow boo.
Team Dryfire
xbow kenny

Post by xbow kenny »

Not all good quality custom strings have to be in bright colours, some of the best looking strings, IMO match the camo or colour of the bow. This gives the bows a true custom look.
I own P&R archery and sport. i sell excalibur crossbows and more. i also make custom strings and arrows. Relayer Y25 #559 Kenny custom string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I rather like the contrast of a two-tone string in Flemish Twist. It has nothing to do with quality and performance, but many agree that it has a great deal to do with appearance and preference.
Grizz
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

OK,I go along with the string is behind the limbs on the ground.In a treestand otherwise.I guess everybody has their own ideas.Don`t make them right or wrong,just differnt.I have been Bow hunting for a long time and like to feel as camoed as possible.
Boo,When I can afford it I hope you can make me a boring Olive & Black String. :D Huntz
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Huntz wrote:OK,I go along with the string is behind the limbs on the ground.In a treestand otherwise.I guess everybody has their own ideas.Don`t make them right or wrong,just differnt.I have been Bow hunting for a long time and like to feel as camoed as possible.
Boo,When I can afford it I hope you can make me a boring Olive & Black String. :D Huntz
That would be my pleasure. Please order a month or two ahead of time.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Don't worry about the bright colors, think about the PA hunter who looks like a 200 pound pumpkin in the woods or the black and red Woolrich jacket from years past. It's not about color, it about movement. By the time the deer catches sight of my yellow/green BOO string, a 100 grain broadhead just zipped trhough him. Besides, if you look good, you shoot good.

Rich
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Worrying about colored strings assumes deer see like we do, they don't.
Indications are they see most colors as just a dark solid...except blue which they can see. So, no blue strings :wink: ... or blue jeans for me.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Rich wrote: Besides, if you look good, you shoot good.

Rich
LOL!
terrym

Post by terrym »

Funky strings look kool and they confuse the deer, makes them think no person with such a funky set of strings would have any aggression in them. Also makes the strong gamey taste go away, honest :lol: Are your fruit of the looms all the same color? Live a little, be crazzzy !!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

My boo string is camo, green and yellow. There is a lot of both in the hard woods.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
mikej

Post by mikej »

what colours can you get
Normous

Post by Normous »

mikej wrote:what colours can you get
Almost all colours.