Who Else Is Pumped For Turkeys?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

Post by xbowking »

mikej wrote:
xbowking wrote:Yessss!! im pumped, but i also dont understand the MNR in Ontario they are opening up all these new WMU's to hunt and a fall turkey hunt , BUT yet they dont let the season open up on the 25th of April and include that weekend, i think the whole bunch of them are the blind leading the blind .
dave is the season open in haliburton yet?
Yes the season opened last year was the first year up here, i hunted a bit up here but they are patchy but they are doing good i think we will see more this season, im still going to go back to my old hunting grounds in Innisfil , i didnt get a bird last year i hunted many days up here and only seen a couple birds , i really wana wack one with my Exocet .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
mikej

Post by mikej »

is there any crown land up there?
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

mikej wrote:is there any crown land up there?
Yes lots of crown land up here .
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Doe Master wrote: Is it normal to watch video`s from your blind through a scope .
I don't know, is it normal to sleep all night while sitting on the floor with your head tucked up under your arm :shock: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mikej

Post by mikej »

pm sent dave
catcher

Post by catcher »

Hey if you are ever down around the Belleville area I have about 10 Tom fans already dried and fanned out if you want one help yourself. And I also have some jake fans also if that is what you prefer.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I really appreciate that catcher!

I might be heading up for a couple days to Loyalist College in Belleville to visit my buddy sometime before the season starts, ill let you know.

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I haven't seen any birds strutting yet, but when that happens, I will have the "turkey fever" all over again. I'm really looking forward to my brother in laws first turkey hunt this spring. He has never been or seen one in the wild. They don't have any in Nova Scotia, so the family is coming for a week long visit and hopefully I can put him on a bird.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cant wait ! ... Athough I haven't seen any birds on my property in the last week ... they have to be lurking somewhere ..

PS . What is actual opening day this year in Ontario ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Opening day for turkey is Monday April 27th this year because the 25th fell on a Sat. so they push it over to the Mon 27th. WHY ??? - because apperently in the regs it says if the 25th falls on a Sat or a Sun the opening day will be the following Mon .
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I may have to sit out this year. I have a son on the way, last week of April. Not to mention work is something of an issue right now.

I'm sure my good friends on this site will provide me with enough turkey photos and stories to put a smile on my face.

Go get 'em guys/Monica!!! :lol:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
mikej

Post by mikej »

chris4570 wrote:I may have to sit out this year. I have a son on the way, last week of April. Not to mention work is something of an issue right now.

I'm sure my good friends on this site will provide me with enough turkey photos and stories to put a smile on my face.

Go get 'em guys/Monica!!! :lol:
congrats chris
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Chris - that's the best reason in the world to miss a little bit of hunting! Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy many more seasons together with your boy! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
michiganman

turkey hunting

Post by michiganman »

my season dosent start untill may 5th,i have last spring draw,but is for 3 weeks,the others are 1 week hunts.we have had a few toms strutting a little .was a few nice toms also seen past few days.i cleared a little brush were my tent will be set up on a ridge they travel at times.

ill be using the excalibur exocet,and hope to put its first turkey notch on it.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) I hope everyone gets one this year . :)