Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stacky

Rare Picture

Post by stacky »

Equinox
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Am I correst about assuming those are five cubs with moma?
bucont

Post by bucont »

When looking at this photo, I just get the feeling they are all looking for lunch.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Looks like Grizz's farm :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

They are probably wondering why the camera man is still standing there when his buddies are all running the other way.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Now there rae some beauty bears !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
stacky

heres the storie and link with more pictures

Post by stacky »

« Faux Polar Bear RugsAre there really 9 species of Bear? »Black bear with 5 cubs — Her story and once-in-a-lifetime photos
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Click HERE or copy and paste

http://www.polarbearnews.com/polar-bear ... photos.php

Tom Sears, a photographer, took these amazing photos of a Black bear and her 5 cubs. It is very unusual for a black bear to have 5 cubs. Tom agreed to let me post his story and photos here:
THE BEARS AND I
Black bears typically have two cubs, rarely one or three. In 2007, in northern New Hampshire, a black bear sow gave birth to five healthy young. There were two or three reports of sows with as many as four cubs but five was, and is, extraordinary. I learned of them shortly after they emerged from their den and set myself a goal of photographing all five cubs with their mom, no matter how much time and effort was involved. I knew the trail they followed on a fairly regular basis, usually shortly before dark. After spending nearly four hours a day, seven days a week, for six weeks I had that once in a lifetime opportunity and photographed them in the shadows and dull lighting of the evening. Due to these conditions the photograph is a bit noisy as I had to use the equivalent of a very fast film speed on my digital camera. The print is properly focused and well exposed with all six bears posing as if they were in a studio for a family portrait.

I stayed in touch with other people who saw the bears during the summer and into the fall hunting season. All six bears continued to thrive. As time for hibernation approached, I found still more folks who had seen them and everything remained OK. I stayed away from the bears as I was concerned that they might become habituated to me, or to people in general, as approachable friends. This could be dangerous for both man and animal. After Halloween I received no further reports and could only hope the bears survived until they hibernated.

This spring, before the snow disappeared, all six bears came out of their den and wandered the same familiar territory they trekked in the spring of 2007. I saw them before mid April and dreamed nightly of taking another family portrait, an improbable second once in a lifetime photograph. On April 25, 2008 I achieved my dream.

When something as magical as this happens between man and animal Native Americans say, “We have walked together in the shadow of a rainbow.”

And so it is with humility and great pleasure that I share these photos with you. Sincerely, Tom Sears

To see even more of Tom’s wonderful photos of this momma bear and her cubs, click More bear photos. He has some great pictures of the cubs climbing trees.

For more information on black bears, check out American Black Bears.

Bear hugs, Frankie

Are You Polar Bear Aware?

Polar bear Cartoons

If you want to know what you can do to protect polar bears and other endangered species, contact The National Wildlife Federation (NWF) at National Wildlife Federation (NWF)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 at 11:30 am and is filed under American Black Bear, NWF, bear, black bear, funny picture, polar bears. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Equinox
Grizzly Adam

Re: heres the storie and link with more pictures

Post by Grizzly Adam »

stacky wrote:Tom Sears, a photographer, took these amazing photos of a Black bear and her 5 cubs. It is very unusual for a black bear to have 5 cubs.
He's got that right. I see lots of bears, and I see triplets every year.

I've never seen five.

I'd like to, someday. :D
Grizz
frisky

Post by frisky »

I think someday I would like to see one in the woods, and then, maybe not.......
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
terrym

Post by terrym »

I have also seen triplets myself at a bait site. Interestingly the sow wasn't huge either?
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]
mikej

Post by mikej »

the most i have ever seen is 4 and that is quite rare
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Quite a few bears here. There is a sow around my work that has had 3 cubs twice now. 2 years ago I came across a grizz sow with 3 cubs was a great sight.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

What a Beautiful Picture. Thanks for Sharing.

I have seen many Bear in my day in the Mountains of Pa.

I have been lucky enough to see 5 together one time in Fall Turkey Season. It is a little unnerving I can tell you when they are only 25 Yds away in the Laurel. I didnt see how many were together until they broke across the Pipeline.

Thanks again :wink:
stacky

Your Welcome

Post by stacky »

Your Welcome. I thought it was a good story.The guy really impressed me to keep track of them like he did.
Equinox
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i had a PA WCO buddy of mine invite my girlfriend and i on a bear den check and tagging one year where the momma had 5 bore cubs.............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.