Pop Up Hunting Blind?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Pop Up Hunting Blind?

Post by MADMAX2 »

I only bring mine if the weather looks ify for rain when turkey hunting usually I just bring my hand snips and create a natural blind what do you use and why? Image
The best things in life are not things!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I use a blind when I have a kid with me, for the most part I just sit against a tree.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dutchhunter

walmart sale

Post by dutchhunter »

thy have the pop up doghouse on sale for 69$ at walmart DUTCH
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've considered getting a ground blind, but I really love logs. Some might say I have an obsession. I see a fallen treetop in the woods as a new stand site. I like to clear out a spot amongst the branches and sit right up in the middle of it. Rig up a shooting rest, add more limbs for cover, camo up and you're all set.

Nothing beats being at ground level with a nice buck in bow range.

DuckHunt
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i usually just sit next a tree and quiet often i will use the little curtain that is on sticks that is about knee high out in front of me especially if with someone else. i can pull it up and run and gun if needed
thanks philip
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) I guess everthing has it`s time and place . When bow hunting a predictable bird with decoys ,then my doghouse . But with the scattergun hunting the unknown then the run and gun approach .
Hurry hurry he`s coming he`s coming got to find the most uncomfortable tree in the WHOLE bush . :lol: :lol:
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Hurry hurry he`s coming he`s coming got to find the most uncomfortable tree in the WHOLE bush . Ain't that the truth!! :lol: :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
bbbwb

popup hunting blind

Post by bbbwb »

I have always used the natural cover --- downed tree top,large tree, heavy goldenrod growth, fenceline shrubbery as my back drop. I add as need be to suit the situation. I have just purchased the pop up doghouse blind to use for inclimate weather -- rain, snow and/or wind. I am interested in knowing if turkeys are that sharp in recognizing the blind not hear today but hear the next day. In the daily put up and take down use I have been planning to place additional natural material with the blind to help blend it in to the surroundings both for spring turkey as well as for fall deer.
From any personal experience I am open for any comments on this approach.

bbbwb
josh1963

Blind

Post by josh1963 »

I have a doghouse blind and have good luck with it. I put it in a week or two early to let the birds get used to it. I have had turkeys with in inches. Deer more cautious but I had them under 15 yards. Real nice in rain and with the kids.
2008 Excalibur Equinox
AP scope package
Firebolts, NGSS,Ground pounder,s-coil stabilizer,Extender and cheekpiece
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

bow=pop upblind..gun=natural cover.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Doe Master wrote::) I guess everthing has it`s time and place . When bow hunting a predictable bird with decoys ,then my doghouse . But with the scattergun hunting the unknown then the run and gun approach .
Hurry hurry he`s coming he`s coming got to find the most uncomfortable tree in the WHOLE bush . :lol: :lol:
Very well said! :lol:
I like the Doghouse if I can predict a good set-up location, but if it's "run & gun" I can usually pick a tree that is comfortable to set against - until I hear a turkey answer my call! :roll: :lol: :lol:
wabi
bbbwb

Popup Blind

Post by bbbwb »

Thanks for the input. I am looking forward to giving it a try this year so I will keep your methods in mind.
I am hoping it will be an asset for my daughter for turkeys.
bbbwb
michiganman

turkey

Post by michiganman »

ive been using a blind for 5 years now for archery hunting turkeys.i have not had any problems with turkeys getting use to the blind,and some times i have the game camera out,showing them 5 feet from it.I have shot 2 huge birds at 25lbs,one being michigans largest turkey ever shot with a bow.its in my picture.

i had one old wise bird stay just out of bow range,he was huge,would have set another record.i hunt edge of horse ranch,and can only archery hunt.the blind works prfect,i use dog house,and eclipse blinds.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado