Big Bucks + Big ($) Bucks = Corruption

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Post by maple »

Mike,

Done. Lots of links there.

I hope those sponsors don't get mad, I called them hooligans.

Maple
lscha

Post by lscha »

"We are proud to support our network partners. We loyaly use and endorse their fine products and hope you'll check out their websites to learn more!"

This is how Lethal Impact Outfitters refer to the advertisers on their website. Remember to point out that this bunch is considering them

partners and that they loyaly use their products to poach when you correspond with the businesses logo-ed on there. Might help. Just a thought.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sent mine. Handled the out of state thing by telling them when they cut one of us, we all bleed!
"Eze 18:21"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

With Cabala's and the like paying big bucks for book deer to grace their walls it's not surprising that more of this isn't happening. Hunting for money is just that...hunting for money. If you need a guide to hunt, be sure who you're hiring isn't more abut money than hunting. I've read where some 'guides' are only too eager to shoot the customer's quarry.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Cossack wrote:With Cabala's and the like paying big bucks for book deer to grace their walls it's not surprising that more of this isn't happening. Hunting for money is just that...hunting for money. If you need a guide to hunt, be sure who you're hiring isn't more abut money than hunting. I've read where some 'guides' are only too eager to shoot the customer's quarry.
Unfortunately there is probably more of this going on where ever "outfitters" are not regulated. As I remember Ohio has some pretty stiff penalties for poaching so it will be interesting to see the outcome of this case. Can you imagine how the clients of this "outfitter" would feel if the DNR shows up at the door to confiscate those illegally taken mounts?

I will get my emails out in the next day or two.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I guess I have a unique perspective on professional guides and poaching. As a Federal LEO I have arrested several poachers in Alabama. It's a rewarding feeling catching these thieves. After all people who poach steal from the rest of the hunting community and give the anti's more ammunition. Mike P please continue to keep the rest of us informed about this unfortunate situation.

Thanks, Chris
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Chris Dillard wrote: As a Federal LEO I have arrested several poachers in Alabama. It's a rewarding feeling catching these thieves.
Good work, Chris!

Are you a federal game warden?
Grizz
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

Grizz I am a Agent with the U.S. Tennessee Valley Authority Police. We patrol and investigate crimes that occur in Alabama,Tennessee,Mississippi,Georgia,Kentucky,North Carolina,and Virginia on TVA land. I work everything from B&E to Auto's to Marijuana Cultivation to Robbery's to Drownings to Aircraft Accidents. My favorite is catching poachers!! TVA's primary function is of course to provide electricity through it's many Dams and Power Plants. TVA provides thousands of acres of public lands for hunting,fishing and camping. I harvested my first Whitetail on TVA land as a teenager and feel very proud to have the chance to do my part in protecting such a great resource.
Oh well I'll get off my soapbox!!

Chris
Last edited by Chris Dillard on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Chris Dillard wrote:Grizz I am a Agent with the U.S. Tennessee Valley Authority Police.
Man, that sounds like one cool job! 8)
Grizz
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Any body try to go to there web site again its DOWN NO MORE WEB SITE!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

wildwindom wrote:Any body try to go to there web site again its DOWN NO MORE WEB SITE!!!
Probably just for "revisions"... like deleting some "partner's" names..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

Woody I think your right.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I picked this off another site..

Email answer from Grim Reaper..

Thank you for your email. We were made aware of this situation this morning and have taken appropriate measures. Although we have asked Lethal Impact Outfitters to remove our name from their website, we have no control over whether they comply with that request. We have, however, removed their name from our website and taken all other measures that are within our control.
Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.
Amy Liechty

Amy Liechty
Grim Reaper Broadheads, Inc.
91 East 780 South, Suite 3
Provo, UT 84606
Phone: 801-377-6199
Fax: 801-373-3759
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Looks like the website is no more .
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Wow Mike P, I don't think I've seen you this upset before, and I like it. Ultimately, the best way to keep these type of things from happening is to hit them where it hurts: in the wallet. Ohio's poaching penalties are not near stiff enough. I am all in favor of having outfitters in ohio be lisenced even if that costs me money down the line.

Some more food for thought: this summer, as I was taking tests to become a licensed guide in Wyoming I found out that no matter what law you break, a Wyoming guide license can be taken away for a MAXIMUM of five years.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot