NY crossbow poll

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It will be a tough State to get.
52% yes, 44% no at 8:20am.
Good luck New York!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

i knew i could come here and get support for this, you guy's and gals are great! :D

the polling is swinging back in favor of crossbows, we have some really tough opposition here in NY and they (NY bowhunters INC)have been very successful at stomping any recent crossbow bills to death...

the thing that disheartens me is that in almost all polls taken online or otherwise here in NY crossbows are always a huge winner, which shows me that the general population of sportsman want them! but a small group of 4000 or less (NYB INC) can sway our legislators into sweeping crossbow bills under the carpet?

this is a much looked at magazine here in NY and polling results are important, the NY DEC has stated it wants to see what type of support will be givin to these new bills by sportsman and this is one very good way to do it......thanks again!!!
Shakibods

Post by Shakibods »

Voted
flstc2

Post by flstc2 »

Voted yes 56 y 41 n
the frenchman

Post by the frenchman »

just voted 56%yes 40%no
have a good day
what time is it? time to go hunting
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

voted 56% yes
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

sits in trees, you are 1oo% right. The NYB inc is doing everything they can to prevent crossbows from becoming legal in NYS. They don't want anybody cutting into "THEIR SEASON" My vote is cast , now it is 57% yes, 40% no and 3% not sure. As of now there is no chance for a crossbow bill until 2011.

SPITFIRE
Vortex in SD

Post by Vortex in SD »

Voted
57 -- yes
40 -- no
as of 1:20pm central time
Dean
mikej

Post by mikej »

voted again
mikej

Post by mikej »

now it is 58 yes to 39 no
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

voted 59% yes
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
mikej

Post by mikej »

one more vote for you :lol:
liaf

Post by liaf »

I would like to thank every one that voted in the NYS poll to legalize cross bows in NYS. Its now running 62% in favor - 35% against x-bow use in NYS during archery season,with 3-4% undecided. U can't imagine how frustating it is that i am not allowed to use a crossbow in my state. At this point I would even settle to be allowed to use an x-bow during rifle season. Again thanks for your support. Pete
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
animal

Post by animal »

VOTED :D 61% FOR 36% NO
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

SPITFIRE wrote:sits in trees, you are 1oo% right. The NYB inc is doing everything they can to prevent crossbows from becoming legal in NYS. They don't want anybody cutting into "THEIR SEASON" My vote is cast , now it is 57% yes, 40% no and 3% not sure. As of now there is no chance for a crossbow bill until 2011.

the bill states that the DEC would have to promulgate standards by 2011, meaning before, so it could be as soon as next hunting season! but once again folks thanks for your support, we are once again ahead like in any other x-bow polls taken in our state.....

SPITFIRE