next questions from the new guy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You need to also pay attention to the serving wear. It can tell you a lot of things. If your trigger claws have a spur or if one is a little rough, then the serving will tell you. If there is too much pressure on a part of the string, the serving will tell you. Watch the wear of the serving for information on your bow.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Caribou Creek

Post by Caribou Creek »

Thanks Sumner, I hadn't thoought about watching the serving.

Fred
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The serving should not wear out at the claws first. It should wear out along the under side where the string meets the rail. That's where the most consistant pressure is located.

If it's wearing out at the trigger claws(serving actually breaks), then most likely you have a spur and need to gently sand the trigger claw. If the serving is not breaking, then the problem is separation of the serving material and you need a better served string. Consult Boo for instructions on better serving your string.

With proper care, the strings themselves will last an extremely long time. It's the servings that need replacing.

When can I come out and shoot me a mulie? :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Caribou Creek

Big mulies

Post by Caribou Creek »

Sumner, any time, but it only the special draw units that produce bucks like mine, the general areas get hit pretty hard by all the Seattle wanna be's, I'll post up another picture tonight of a giant non typical killed on the ranch behind my house. :shock: :shock: :shock: