2009 SPRING TURKEY CONTEST

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

michiganman

turkeys

Post by michiganman »

my season dosent start till may 5th.the toms been breading here for over a week now.ive got a few nice toms in the area.the monster tom i seen three times last year hasnt been seen this year.he was a record bird,only tom i have seen that wouldnt come close to my tent blind.Just like he knew it shouldnt be there.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Slowly but surely we're adding more contestants. Looking forward to all the photos in the trophy room!
michiganman

photos

Post by michiganman »

were do we go to see the ones you posted
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

The one I posted by the contestants and prizes in this thread is taken about 1/2 a mile away from my house. We open on the 20th but work is going to screw me up until the weekend. The farm I hunt always holds birds so I don't think it will be much of a problem but one never knows. That's why they call it "hunting" and not "getting"!

I have always muzzleloaded them but I am certain that this year I am going to attempt it with my Exomax! I am really having a love affair with it!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
Acts 11:7 I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'
michiganman

ttttttttttttttttt

Post by michiganman »

up to the top
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Crazyfarmer is the first one in with a fine specimen that can be seen in the turkey trophy room.

10.5 X 2 = 21
1.75 X 10 = 17.5
38.5 Points Total

Taken with a shotgun! Congratulations crazyfarmer and way to set the bar high! Many of us start this upcoming week so I am sure we'll see some more pretty soon!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

New Contestants and a new prize to offer, TTT!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

BigBwanaD wrote:Crazyfarmer is the first one in with a fine specimen that can be seen in the turkey trophy room.

10.5 X 2 = 21
1.75 X 10 = 17.5
38.5 Points Total

Taken with a shotgun! Congratulations crazyfarmer and way to set the bar high! Many of us start this upcoming week so I am sure we'll see some more pretty soon!
I dont think its to high:) Its going to be some 11inch breads taken im sure on here. But best of luck to all.
michiganman

turkey

Post by michiganman »

back up
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

TTT .

How about a sticky here?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
the frenchman

Post by the frenchman »

just send my tag hopefuly the quebec turkey are big and they did not shave their beard :) :)
Michel
what time is it? time to go hunting
michiganman

ttttt

Post by michiganman »

ttttttttttttt
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

I think that I am cursed!

Long story short. Work has been a killer all week and I figured I wasn't going to get out until this weekend. Last week, my wife visited my parents and unbenounced to me, they asked if I would help them on a little project and she said sure!!! My 71 year old father and my 69 year old mother called two nights ago and said that they had 11,000 lbs of bricks delivered to build flower bed retaining walls in their yard. They couldn't get them delivered in the yard because it was too wet and the truck would crush their concrete driveway so the driver dropped them off next to their mailbox in the right of way of the road. So needless to say, I will be putting in flower beds all weekend for them.
My neighbor (retired) brought this by for me this morning because he knows my story. This is 50 yards from the end of my driveway!

All I can say is that I pray that I get at least one night to hunt next week before the season closes for me!
michiganman

turkeys

Post by michiganman »

bigb
you got to get the latter season so you get three weeks to fill that tag,JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

I'm beginning to think so! The weather this year makes me think you are absolutely right. The birds around here are responding off the roost but aren't really interested yet. This weekend should get warm and I'm sure that will help!