Fletch Tape

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

diesel

Fletch Tape

Post by diesel »

I been using Goats tuff glue and it works great but I have a hard time making the fletching look neat.
I've been spending a lot of time at trad gang and Sickbow forums lately and seems like most of them like fletch tape and then use a small amount of Goats Tuff glue on the ends. has anyone here tried fletch tape ?
Thanks
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

diesel, that is all I use. I really like fletch tape for I can fletch a dozen arrow in no time at all, I don't have to wait for the glue to dry.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've only used it on feathers and it works great.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Instructions on mine says use only on feathers...please let me know if you're using it on vanes.
the frenchman

Post by the frenchman »

this link is some review on this products,it look's that with feathers is great but if you read the 8 review he talk about vanes

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.a ... =5384#full

Michel
what time is it? time to go hunting
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used it with great results when fletching feathers.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Excerpt from Feather Tape Feather Adhesive product review on 3 Rivers Archery site:

By Uncle Bill Verified Reviewer from Glendale, RI. on 10/2/2008
Best Uses:
Target Practice, Reenactment, Competition, Hunting
Describe Yourself:
Competitive Archer
Bottom Line:
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Comments about Feather Tape Feather Adhesive:

This is a great product. I have been using tape for over a year now and have lost only one feather. I shoot through a wisker biscuit on my compound but most of the time I shoot traditional. When I shoot broadheads sometimes I pull the arrows through the target. I don't clean my shafts very well, and I don't put glue at the ends of the feather and still have no problems. I shoot in the rain quite often and water has had no effect. Some other advantages are you can run a razor under the feather to cut it off and recycle it. I leave the tape that comes off right on the feather and I just add another layer of tape. Another advantage is you can remove the feather from cap wraps without damage. After removing just rub the tape off with your finger. I have used this on aluminium, carbon, and wood shafts with all kinds of finishes on them.

Notice I said feathers not plastic vanes! I tried it and it failed miserably!

Application takes a little practice but once you get it it is way faster than glue, and you can shoot your arrows right away. Great for field repairs also.
Grizz
diesel

Post by diesel »

Thanks Guys.