Texas versus Pennsylvania

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

A lot of you consider us a strange bunch. You have mental images of gun toting cowboys and huge four wheel drive pick-up trucks with rifles hanging in the back window and mud flaps depicting the outline of the female body. You think of rich oil men and country western saloons complete with mechanical bulls to ride. You think we have an overdeveloped sense of self importance and an over the top reaction any time the government tells us we are "required" to do something. You think we talk funny. And to a degree, you are correct. We are Texans.

We like to hunt. Well really, we like to shoot things. And hunting seems to be the best way to shoot things now that the government tells us we can no longer shoot each other. Hell partner, we all love a good saloon shootout. The ones wielding those six shooters in the movies when we were kids were our hero's. What's more American then John Wayne slinging lead at bad guys and riding off into the sunset! Down here we still think you should shoot the bad guys. And most all of us have guns.

Real cowboys don't shoot a bow and arrow. Never saw one doing that on television when I was growing up. The Indians all shot bows and arrows. And of course, we shot them. And when you did that, you got the girl, rode off into the sunset and life was perfect. No, real cowboys don't shoot arrows. It didn't work out real well for the Indians. No, thank you, we'll keep our guns.

Yes, we have some of those sissy boys down here that go out with those bows and arrows and try to shoot deer all dressed up like that Rambo fellow we saw in the movies. But usually dem boys is Yankees and moved down here to try and take our stuff from us and make up laws trying to take our guns away. A fair amount of us down here think we should shoot those guys. But these Yankee perverts kept payin off those carpetbaggin politicians in Austin and all kinds of rules got put in place about shootin things down here. So us real red blooded Texans said alright, if your gonna do all that bow shootin legislatinnnn, by gawd were gonna slap a stock on the thing, put a scope on top and add a gald durn trigger. You wanna shoot stuff with arrows? Hell boy, we'll show ya how that gets done!

And now I see those panty wearing Pennsylvania pacifist bow toting pansies wanna stop ya'all from shootin dem bows at critters up there when ya slap a stock on'em. Last time I checked, Pennsylvania was still part of the Newnited States. By gawd its your duty as americans to shoot things. And no pitiful lying politician bed wetter should tell ya'll that you can't do that. Hell son, if you pay for the gas in the F-350 dually, why we'll come up there and shoot them too.

Ya know, most of us Texans think ya'll are a strange bunch up there.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Wow. That was a strange post, Mike! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

:lol:

Thanks I enjoyed that.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looks like the early stages of dementia. :shock: :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
lscha

Post by lscha »

Your timing on this is phenomenal.
Last edited by lscha on Fri May 15, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Maybe he's watching his John Wayne dvds again. Put the remote down and step away from the tv.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Hmmmmm, do I need to eat the deposit on our Texas hunt and book something in the midwest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
lscha

Post by lscha »

raydaughety wrote:Hmmmmm, do I need to eat the deposit on our Texas hunt and book something in the midwest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope! Most Texans want you to hunt and hunt with what you want.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote:Hmmmmm, do I need to eat the deposit on our Texas hunt and book something in the midwest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just carry some barbecue with you, Ray ... in case you run into any contrary Texans. They're suckers for roasted meat, I hear. :P
Grizz
texan

Post by texan »

Durn Mike, Better pull your spurs out of that hosses flanks.
Texans dont talk funny every body else does. we might have to meet in San-n-tone one day and have a cold lonestar

Texan
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Thats why the ALAMO is in TEXAS!!!!!!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

texan wrote:we might have to meet in San-n-tone one day and have a cold lonestar
Has to be a Shiner Bock!
G Money

Post by G Money »

LOL.
If they stop us from hunting during the rut, we'll buy all their permits necessary and hunt when we can.
Probably with the muzzleloader guys.
$$$Phil$$$
***2009 Exocet 200***
2006 Hoyt Trykon XL***
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Good read! I took it as a tongue in cheek slam on the vert org in Pa that has turned full inc into a yo-yo deal. 1st they got scopes banned, then unbanned, then full inc, then mebbe only the first 12 days, yada yada yada.

Don't know if anybody is sure what the hell is going on there. I'd almost rather live in Tx than Pa again. Almost. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike, tell your Aggie buddies to stay home. I've seen hunting licenses for them here, no limit. lol.

[Ronnie, you're the only real Texan I know on here, I'm only kidding]
[same for you Pa guys]
"Eze 18:21"