mineral lick receipes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote: I learned how from watching my dear old Kentucky grandma ... who could sling some serious hash, lemme tell you! :shock:
No doubt she could also sling some serious lead when dem revenuers came a callin.
Not this granny; she was my maternal grandmother, born in the Kentucky Bluegrass, from Boone County, near Walton. Her dad was a straight-laced country store owner.

My other grandma was born in the Eastern Kentucky mountains, in Jackson County near McKee. Her folks knew David Akeman's (Stringbean from Hee Haw) folks, and her dad was, in fact, a rather celebrated moonshiner and bootlegger. :P :lol: As to her shooting abilities, I know she knew how to use a revolver! :shock:
Grizz
lscha

Post by lscha »

Hope your recipe is good Grizz, we aren't allowed to use these anymore in Michigan so I guess I'll try this for dinner tonight. Better than letting it go to waste. And you'll be a hero if my husband likes it.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:My guess is that a jar of peanut butter mixed with a half gallon of molasses would work as good as anything poured in an old stump.

On second thought, that might bring in the bears as well.
Oh, man! :shock:

EVERYTHING loves peanut butter ... including me! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Here's one...... not mine but found online ...any others ?

WHITETAIL DEER HOMEMADE MINERAL MIX RECIPE
Printable version
Ingredients: Makes 200 lbs. for about $23.00

1 part Di-calcium phosphate, this is a dairy feed additive bought at feed stores.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $11.00 you need one bag.

2 parts Trace mineral salt, the red and loos kind without the medications.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $5.00 you need two bags.

1 part Stock salt, ice cream salt.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $2.00 you need one bag.

Directions:

-Use a 3 pound or similar size coffee can to use as your measure for each part of the mix.

-Mix all together well but not until read to use, keep ingredients separate until ready to put to use.

-Dig or tear up a circle in the soil about 36 inches wide and about 6 inches deep.

-Mix your mineral mixture with the soil.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Warningshot,,,,, Here's what I use and it works. Take 200 pounds of loose salt with trace minerals. Turn over the soil in a three to four foot circle and mix the 200 pounds of loose salt into it. When starting it, I also add 16 to 24 pounds of Deer- Co-Cain in with it. then add water or let Mother Nature rain on it. when IO refresh the mineral lick in the spring, I use 200 pounds of the loose salt with trace minerals and 16 pounds of Deer Co-Cain.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote: Oh, man! :shock: EVERYTHING loves peanut butter ... including me! :P :lol: :wink:
Lucky for you, Grizz I can't do photo shop. Help me out here, Mike P. :shock: :D
"I like peanut butter, you like peanut butter, we like peanut butter too."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEYF-Iy ... L&index=86

A blast from the past ... in the year I was born! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz