Summit Viper Treestand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mikej wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote: Ill take my 6 tree step, 15ft up hang ons anyday over anything though :lol: :D
6 treesteps to get up 15 ft??? :shock: :shock: man you must be tall :lol: :lol: :lol:
6ft 2:)

very long legs though :P I usually take the bottom one out so people cant get into my stands, but they normally have enough trouble climbing my steps anyway :D

I usually have a good 2.5-3ft distance between steps, and add about a good 1-2 ft above the top step and I can normally hit 17ft with 6 steps
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Mike P wrote:The biggest problem I find with a viper is the distribution of weight on your back when using the straps in the manner described in the instruction manual. The twenty pounds becomes a "heavy" twenty pounds when you do so. I went with an aftermarket set of straps and solved that problem.
Mike...exactly what aftermarket straps did you go with? I bought a generic set of padded straps from Cabela's for my Viper and no matter what I do with them they are awkward to use, especially if I have a bulky coat on.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

DSH, I went with the treelounge straps that incorporate the waist belt.

With these I was able to place most of the weight on my hips and not on my back.
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

I have had the Aluminum Viper for about 5 years now. I might never buy another stand! And only one I will even consider using for those all day hunts! :wink:
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

I use a Viper SS as my primary stand and it's a great stand. This is the 3rd Summit Stand I have had over the last 15 years. It is lighter than the previous version and the 7 lbs make all the difference going up ridges.
animal

Post by animal »

I have the summit Goliath ss treestand I just love it . I'm a big guy so I need the room and It's good up to 350-LB at only 21-LB . I got lucky last summer I was at the shore and came across this store called woods & water I looked at the wife she said I know so we went in and they had a outside sale going on . they had many different kinds of stands and all of them on sale for $ 99.00 ! I should have gotten all of them but we had A hard time just getting It in the wifes car . I know now we should have had my truck #@%*&

grizz this would be the climber for you of course thats if you could use one :lol:
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200