How much do you shoot your crossbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntone

Post by huntone »

Once in a few weeks, more often with a new string or after July........ Hurry up September 26. :D
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Popacap

crossbow fever

Post by Popacap »

I just got my crossbow 2 weeks ago and have made it out to the range 4 times so far, and have shot over100 times and broke an arrow already. It went after 50 shots 3 through the 1" plywood back stop. I have shot all my arrows into a static target The conservation range I go to has 3D targets as well, but I have just been trying to be extremely consistent with every shot which is pretty easy at 10, 20, and 30 yards but once I hit 40 yrds I'm 65% dead on and at 50 yrds I haven't hit a bulls-eye yet. Today at the range I noticed an O-ring popping out of the front of my scope lens. I E-mailed Excal customer service today. I am pretty sure that will mess with the weather proof of the scope. I am sure they will fix it. Has anyone had this problem with a lumizone scope? Anyway to make a long story short after every chance I could find to get to the range to get my crossbow dialed in I realized I am probably going to have to get another scope and start all over. That just means more fun tinkering and testing. I love the post I read the other day I believe by sumner 4991 that was telling a person who wasn't sure what Kind and brand of crossbow to buy to start running the other direction before he was hooked and all he could do was talk about them, watch shows about them, and maybe forget anniversaries and the wife's B-day. I knew the feeling when I read it and laughed out loud. This has been a great site for someone who cant get enough of crossbows. Thanks y'all for the crossbow fever outlet. Happy shooting!
2009 Vortex
lumizone
Excel string
125 grn F3 Trophy Ridge broadheads
Firebolt arrows
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Initally I was shooting a ton. Once I decided on a set up I slowed down a good bit(stopped experimenting/testing as much). I found it was getting fairly expensive too . . .replacing targets, tips, arrows, fletching . . .it all adds up. However, it's worth every dime in stress relief. It's a good workout too.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Since I got into the habit shooting my bow starting about in June and going through November every year I pretty much follow the same now that I hung up my bow last year and only shoot my Vortex. I don't shoot as many times as before but still like to just get out and let'm fly.
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

once a week and when it gets closer to the season I shoot 3-4 times a week