Game Camera Stolen...need advice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

here are some pics of a setup i found on another site , i'm going to try it this fall.

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
mikej

Post by mikej »

mikej

Post by mikej »

mikej

Post by mikej »

pic with moss for camo

mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That looks like a sturdy mount ... but if that's supposed to be hidden ... man, I'd see that about as soon as I glanced it's way! It might as well have a neon light on it! :shock: :P :lol:
Grizz
xbow300win

Post by xbow300win »

Thanks for your support guys.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but setting up two camera's sounds like a plan....because at the end of the day, who would think there was two?

I do like the tree set up camera system, but if they felt they had enough time, they would grab some rocks and sticks and at least try and damage it...but...i guess they would be caught on film, i'm not so sure anyone would be able to get at that camera on the tree wihtout having a ladder.....unless they are a tree climber :lol:
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

Best advice is what is already been said. Move on and forget about it. Easy to say and difficult to do. I know. I had a brand new ladder stand stolen over this past winter. Couldn't believe someone actually was at the back of my property. There is nearly 7 miles of bush to the north where they had to come through. I too was pissed ( truth be told - still am), but need to put it past you and be aware that you have a thief and a tresspasser in the area. Lock that information in the back of your head and look forward, not backwards.
If you put something in the paper saying you have their photo. They know its a bull$hit bluff as you already would have handed it over to the police.
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Yeah move on and hopefully you didnt loose an expensive camera!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
mikej

Post by mikej »

it looks like the security boxes aren't much good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O3UGrKsEE
xbow300win

Post by xbow300win »

Nice video, that is brutal!!

Of course my wife gave me crap, when she asked if I bought the security box for my camera....I'll have to show her this video.

Thanks for posting that.

Is there anything out there that works?
lscha

Post by lscha »

No. If they want it, they'll take it

As far as I know the next best thing to an anti-theft system is the Cuddeback. They will have to work harder for that one. If they know anything about trailcams, they will know that if they get it off the tree they will break it and if they don't know your secret code they won't be able to use it. That won't prevent vandals from wrecking it tho.

Ok, they could pick the lock, but to snip it would mean to break the plastic.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
huntone

Post by huntone »

I wouldn't waste valuable woods time trying to catch this person. You will only let them hurt you in two ways. If the thefts keep up and you want to pursue this person, you can try the two camera system I described and be sure to inform the LEO to what you are doing and work with them. You will have a better chance to prosecute for trespassing than theft, but that won't be needed. With the pictures in the right hands, game warden or local law enforcement, shown to the guilty person, it will stop the problem.
I had a poaching problem several years ago I solved with a game camera. I was finding deer skins and truck tracks on my property and got sick of it. I put up a trail cam and got a good picture of a truck and turned the pics over to the game warden. The game warden knew who the truck belonged to and went to have a little talk with the guy. Problem solved.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
mikej

Post by mikej »

xbow300win wrote:
Is there anything out there that works?
i don't think anything is going to work 100% . if they want it bad enough they'll get it or destroy it in the process. even putting it high out of reach they'll just cut the tree down to get it. down low they'd use bolt cutters. i have racked my brain and i can't come up with anything 100% thief proof
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

xbow300win wrote:i'm not so sure anyone would be able to get at that camera on the tree wihtout having a ladder.....unless they are a tree climber :lol:
look at it this way.... if you got it up the tree, they can get it down the tree the same way :P

All the saefty things only stop a honest thief :P :P