Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Post by warningshot »

havent tried this one but wow.....FENIX TK40 LED Flashlight up to 630 Lumens
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

repeat
Last edited by warningshot on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

warningshot wrote:havent tried this one but wow.....FENIX TK40 LED Flashlight up to 630 Lumens
wow that looks like quite a light, a little pricey though :shock:

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_inf ... cts_id=696
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have a lot of Surefire's lights, unfortunatly Surefire has refused to grow with the current technology out there today, the Fenix line is brighter, way cheaper and uses the most current LED's on the market.
This Fenix is regulated, gets to the lumen rating you are after, a slim beam profile and is cheap.
Regulated means that the light will turn on bright and maintain that same brightness for the whole life of the batteries, in this case it will provide your 150 lumen's constantly for 2.4 hours. That is impressive, also 2X the lumens as the G2, which is not regulated.

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_inf ... cts_id=335

Getting the tight beam you want is tough with a pocket light, but not impossible. For a light to really "throw" it needs to use a big reflector in most cases, these little LED's these days are able to achieve that throw while using smaller reflectors.
I have a light that is smaller then the G2 and has over 3 times the output, cost was about the same. I have lots of G2's around the house, but none get used anymore, old technology.

The link I posted is the light you need, small, fits your criteria, and only has a couple settings, low, high and off. My wife has the single cell version of that one in her purse and she has her choice of pretty much any flashlight available.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Pydpiper wrote:I have a lot of Surefire's lights, unfortunatly Surefire has refused to grow with the current technology out there today, the Fenix line is brighter, way cheaper and uses the most current LED's on the market.
This Fenix is regulated, gets to the lumen rating you are after, a slim beam profile and is cheap.
Regulated means that the light will turn on bright and maintain that same brightness for the whole life of the batteries, in this case it will provide your 150 lumen's constantly for 2.4 hours. That is impressive, also 2X the lumens as the G2, which is not regulated.
I might have to give the one you posted a try.. The G2's are roughly 35bucks on ebay but this ones 49. Still worth the money for the 150 though 8)

Ive just totally gone away from maglight. BTW, do they make lights to adapt to glock 21's? I didnt surf the site to much to look. Ill check it out more later tonight
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

For a LEO use I would lean in a different direction all together, I recommended that one to Bob simply due to it's size and beam profile. Bob once mentioned he wanted throw not spill.
If I were you I would look at the Olight M20 and a charger. It uses 2 123a cells and they can be pricey, but the charger makes the thing almost free to operate, plus it runs three levels of output from 9 to 250 lumen's, outstandingly bright.
look up an old thread on here I called "a flashlight with recoil".
crazyfarmer wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:I have a lot of Surefire's lights, unfortunatly Surefire has refused to grow with the current technology out there today, the Fenix line is brighter, way cheaper and uses the most current LED's on the market.

I might have to give the one you posted a try.. The G2's are roughly 35bucks on ebay but this ones 49. Still worth the money for the 150 though 8)

Ive just totally gone away from maglight. BTW, do they make lights to adapt to glock 21's? I didnt surf the site to much to look. Ill check it out more later tonight
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have the L1T V2.0, the L2T V2.0, and the TK20.
The TK20 far outshines (pun intended) the others. :wink:
The L1T sets above my computer desk for household tasks, the L2T rides in my toolbox in my truck and gets used frequently (and it is rugged and has held up well), and the TK20 sets on the nightstand by my bed for those rare times when something outside during the middle of the night needs a serious look. Be it a stray dog or a human intruder I want a bright dependable light if I need to get up and look! The TK20 is a more intense or brighter beam to my eyes and seem to be a much "whiter" light. The others are good, but the TK20 beats them when it comes to my being able to identify a distant object.
wabi
bbbwb

Pocket Flashlight

Post by bbbwb »

I am not familiar with some of the lights mentioned other than the small mag which works very well.
I have a Streamlight Clipmate. It is compact with a neck strap, clip for a cap peak etc. ,as well as a head strap and operates on 3 AAA batteries. It comes in different colours of light - white and night vision green --3 LEDs and works well. Battery life is stated to be 120 hours and it rotates 360 degrees.

bbbwb
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I use a 3AA LED aluminum 7watt don't know what that translates to lumans but when I got these I gave away my MAG lights

Tasklight by Stream light goes for around $80 in Canada
Tenpoint Matrix
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I found an aftermarket conversion for my Maglite at WallMart that is sweet: replaces the bulb with 3 LEDs. Less than $5.00. Works great.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You will be more than happy with the TK20. I never suggested it to you because at one point you said "I don't care what is right in front of me" and the TK series is a proximity light, not the best thrower, but still 10X more of a thrower than what you are accustomed to. Enjoy.
bstout wrote:I just came from the Fenix web site and I have a TK20 (black and gray) on its way.

After reading nearly one hundred reviews on the web and personal testimony from wabi (Mike) and Hoss, I'm more than certain this is the hunting flashlight for me.

I have a ton of cheapy's for around the house/general purpose use that work fine.

My guess is this will be the only really good flashlight I'll ever purchase.

I'd hate to become a flashlight junky...I sort of understand how that can happen and not just with flashlights! :shock: :wink:
WMU 91
Boo string
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

TK20..your gonna love it and it will make you smile everytime you use it..

I can not believe you did it Bob...but now----you will be hooked--

Hey Bob check this one out...

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=92

This is one hell of a retna killer...I use this at night with a red filter for yotes, I use it for frog hunting..I use the 18650 batts that are awsome..they pack a punch..very tough..

Im like you..I use the AAs for everything so the TK20 is the one for hunting for me..this is another great AAs light. It comes with a headband is great for anything working under the truck at night under the sink, anywhere. I use mine for hunting as well, or at the boat ramp its awsome light for 1 AA.

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=183
Last edited by Hoss on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

it will do 150ms...and the low setting is nice for up close..

check out that H50 its great for working on stuff..under the sink around the house at night . I also use it for hunting as well 1 AA. BUT now they have the H30 which is more powerful than my 66 lumen H50..I think it throws 80 lumens..

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=183
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You guys are so old school. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Take a look at the Fenix LD20 it has a max output of 180 lumens (2 AA).
I have a TK10 and a LD20 I like them both but LD20 runs on AA batteries

http://www.fenixlight.ca/fenix-ld20.html
Darz Bór!