Deer Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

edit: sorry, i was a little slow on the uptake...
Team Dryfire
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sorry for the late reply everyone.. its busy season here so im in the fields all day.

I would like to see the rules stay the same. The only thing I didnt like was the 2 week rule. Some states have a 3 buck limit so I would rather see the biggest buck entered per person. As always, the smallest normally gets entered LOL. But if it stays 2 weeks it wont hurt my feelings.

last year we had the team totals and members listed individually which was nice.

Duckhunt, I'd rather see it open to all sorts of weapons still since quite a few hunt with ML'ers and others. The points were listed in the other post which of coarse favors archery by the max points.

We have plenty time, so its no need for everyone to get all stressed out over this :P Just wanted to see if everyone was interested. Its no cost, just for fun and bragging rights. Everyone chips in some prizes for fun also.

I think the only major rules last year were that you needed a pic of the deer with your weapon in it. Tag # or a photo of the actaul tag on the deer. Here in Va we just right the number on our license in our wallet so its no actaul tag to show a picture of.

but to save hassle, just keep the pts and rules as they wer elast year.... seems to be the best all around setup so everyone is happy
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

mikej wrote:
VixChix wrote:Hello out there - "Team DryFire"?
that's going to be a crowded team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could back out and let the men handle the job. :roll: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote:Tyler and I are definitely in. Where ya at Grizz :wink: .
Sure thing! Freezer's empty this year ... so I should contribute more. Don't usually kill 'em when I don't need 'em. :P :lol:
Grizz
skamaniac

Post by skamaniac »

I'll get in if anyone is interested in a Team Michigan or ???
'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not.'
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
raydaughety wrote:Tyler and I are definitely in. Where ya at Grizz :wink: .
Sure thing! Freezer's empty this year ... so I should contribute more. Don't usually kill 'em when I don't need 'em. :P :lol:
All in good fun brother, all in good fun :wink: . Team Carolina is ready for another try :D .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Count another one in for team Michigan; We could be team skamaniac but it sounds fishy to me :lol:
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
Acts 11:7 I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I'm in. Will have to see if Backstraps & Butter want to team up again. I might be dead weight this fall. But it's all for fun.

I may throw in a prize this year. Something made of iron. Maybe for the photo contest instead. What do you guys/gals think?? Any suggestions as far as what to make, remember shipping will be pricey as if too heavy.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

chris, dont do anything extreme.. I think its best of most of the prizes stay under 50bucks? I might put up a set of arrows in one of the contests:)

but 10-50 average.. no more than 100 maybe :?:
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

im thinking of starting a GTA team :D ..how does a name of

GTA-buckers

sound?or any other ideas for a name?

who else is in for the GTA?
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The "Whitetail Whackers" will be back

Smokepolehall, Duckhunt, and Woody Williams

No settling for second place this time.,

;)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Woody Williams wrote:The "Whitetail Whackers" will be back

Smokepolehall, Duckhunt, and Woody Williams

No settling for second place this time.,

;)
Team Va might have something to say about it... again :P :lol: :D
mikej

Post by mikej »

chris4570 wrote:I'm in. Will have to see if Backstraps & Butter want to team up again. I might be dead weight this fall. But it's all for fun.

I may throw in a prize this year. Something made of iron. Maybe for the photo contest instead. What do you guys/gals think?? Any suggestions as far as what to make, remember shipping will be pricey as if too heavy.
picture frame maybe with some sort of bucks head or antlers
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
catcher

Post by catcher »

sign me up. :) I have never been on a team yet. Need team mates if someone needs one.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

mikej wrote:
chris4570 wrote:I'm in. Will have to see if Backstraps & Butter want to team up again. I might be dead weight this fall. But it's all for fun.

picture frame maybe with some sort of bucks head or antlers
Picture frame sounds like a good idea. Something suitable for a 8x10. I can do that. Make it unique. For the photo contest, of course, assuming there is one. All in favour say :arrow: " :idea: ".
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"