Deer Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

chris4570 wrote:
mikej wrote:
chris4570 wrote:I'm in. Will have to see if Backstraps & Butter want to team up again. I might be dead weight this fall. But it's all for fun.

I may throw in a prize this year. Something made of iron. Maybe for the photo contest instead. What do you guys/gals think?? Any suggestions as far as what to make, remember shipping will be pricey as if too heavy.
picture frame maybe with some sort of bucks head or antlers
Picture frame sounds like a good idea. Something suitable for a 8x10. I can do that. Make it unique. For the photo contest, of course, assuming there is one. All in favour say :arrow: " :idea: ".
Will there be a photo contest this year? I've got some ideas for the frame brewing in my noggin.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mikej wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:
animal wrote:Crazyfarmer , will it be the same as last years rules
Who cares about the rules . . .as long as the winners are the same. :lol:
who won last year ?
Team Va :lol: you can guess who was on it more than likely :D We jsut had a blessed year with the bucks here though. Ive got 2 tied to a tree already so look out :P

im not sure what the buck limit was on the 4 man teams but 4 bucks would beat out the 3 from the 3man teams. I havent looked back and read the rules so im not sure what it said about that. As I remember I think the 4 man teams could only submitt 3 bucks total?

I'd like to see members challenge themselves this year and hold out for some wall hanger bucks. But of coarse thats up to the hunter :D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm fine with the 3 member teams. We'll rearrange and go with 3 to keep it simple.

We'll have Team DryFire as:

DoeMaster
Xbowkidd
TPM

I'll jump to any team that'll have me and that isn't too serious about winning as my track record has been dismal these past years. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

VixChix wrote:
I'll jump to any team that'll have me and that isn't too serious about winning as my track record has been dismal these past years. :lol:
Any team that has you as a member Vix is already a winner!
Last edited by Mike P on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

We are in! Moxie, Horizontal Hunter, and munch as the "No Great Threat or NGT team"
Terry

Quad 300 x2
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Ill be more than happy to run the contest.. im pretty decent with excel to keep track of the scores..

might even through up a little webpage for it with maybe a picture of each teams best buck during the contest

we will need someone to handle the photo part also

but im on dailup, so no 2400x1600 pics via email :P

btw, if I do run it im still playing to win :P So I dont want to here any he's cheating to win stuff :wink:

if someone else wants to handle it, thats more than fine but i'll throw my name in the hat
killshot

Post by killshot »

I am in aswell just need to get a team.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
skamaniac

Post by skamaniac »

Team Michigan looking for a third.

Skamaniac and BigBwanaD so far.
'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not.'
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I ran a deer contest on another site last fall. Here's the details on it. Ya'll may find something in there that you like and want to use for this one. :wink:
Deer Scoring:
Button buck up to 110 B&C gross -- 5 pts
111 B&C gross up to 145 B&C gross -- 6 pts
146 B&C gross up to 200 B&C gross -- 7 pts
Does -- 2 pts each

Photo Scoring
Each picture will get awarded 1 pt for each thing they do.
1 pt -- Picture of animal
1 pt -- Picture of you with the animal
1 pt -- Animal in natural setting (anything but hanging or in the back of a vehicle)
1 pt -- Minimal amount of blood on you and/or animal (no "blood bath")

Something that was mentioned but nothing ever came of it was coyotes. I hate 'em!!!!! Just about everyone sees them while you're hunting, and some are lucky enough to get one every now and then. I also think that if you've got deer, you've got coyotes. We'll add in coyotes as a BONUS half a point, with no limit on the number you can submit.

Each team is allowed to enter 2 bucks and 4 does (2 person teams). It doesn't matter if 1 person or both people on the team enter the deer, each team is allowed to enter a maximum of 2 bucks and 4 does. If all 6 of those deer come from one person on the team then it's OK. Or it could be any combination between the 2 people, but the overall total can't go over 2 bucks and 4 does for the contest.

This is all on the honor system. Even though everyone knows that hunters/fishers NEVER stretch the truth any, please don't do it in the contest. This is meant to be fun people. If you got to cheat to win a deer contest................. :evil:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

no offense big58cal but I like the other rules better and think it would be easier....just my opinion
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Can we do 4 hunter teams?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Woody Williams wrote:Can we do 4 hunter teams?
I really don't see a big issue with 4 people teams . . .as long as there is a timeline on submitting the deer and the number of deer that can be entered is equal. The higher number of people on a team has a definite advantage . . .but, who cares? It still boils down to who kills the biggest bucks with a bow.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

so....all teams are going to be 4 hunter teams???
Shoot Straight

Post by Shoot Straight »

I'm game if someone wants to team up, I'll be hunting in Georgia only this year .... :roll:
Exocet 200
Varizone
S5 System
Rage 3 blade 100 gr
CrazyFarmer's CowWacker
Big John's LungBuster
Boo String
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

unclefester-catcher-bojangles.......team name to come