Deer Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

If there are 3 person teams, then I'll bail and look for a "Queens of the Forest" team! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mdcrossbow wrote:If you have 3 man teams and only 2 bucks allowed this is a little unfair to the 3rd member we have a system set up that follows with very simple rules to allow each member the opportunity to score for his or her team. Let me know what you think :

This is going to be a team contest,with expected 3 man teams depending on entries. Members can post on this thread to sign up. Deadline to enter will be Aug 30th. The contest will run until January 31st 2010. Deer killed can be by bow or gun, it doesn't matter.Three deer are allowed to be entered per member 2 doe and 1 buck. The does are going to be worth 12.5 points ea. Count the bucks by number of points and also add in the INSIDE spread Ex;17" wide + 8 points = 25 points. Each member adds their individual score to the team score. Picture proof of the deer killed with the member MUST be submitted here on this thread!.
Also, points will be defined as such;
To be counted a point, a projection must be at least one inch long AND,
at some location at least one inch from the tip, the length of the projection must exceed its width.

You can also replace your 1st entered buck with another,for those people who hunt with multiple tags,and out of state,but only Once can you upgrade,and then that entry stands.

To deter members from shooting immature buck's,we have discussed this issue,and agree that for the benefit of the wildlife 1st and foremost,and deterrence from members harvesting these animals,that we will not accept nubbin' buck's,so we will list a buck as it has to have at least 1" of bone showing and only then, will we still count it as a point and the inner spread.

The winning team will receive board bragging rights for the year. All members will sign up here and we will draw names out of the hat and announce the pairings on Sept. 2nd.Good Luck to all!

*** High Fence Deer are NOT allowed
*** Whitetail Deer Only
*** Cutoff Date is 01/31/2010
*** Extra point for each harvest entry taken with a bow.

The winners will also stay together as a team, and until someone else knock's them off!
where did the 2 bucks for a 3man team come from? Last year each member of the 3 person team submitted one buck. Im not sure where you got 2bucks could be submitted from :P

Wes, we are going to use last years system since it worked and everyone knows how to use it. 3 person teams!!!!!! Its to much debate going on over different things and everyone's getting lost LOL.

Im not big on selecting names from different locations either since that kinda does away with the friendly state vs other state bragging rights. No matter how many bucks one person can harvest, you still have 2 weeks to submitt that deer after the kill. Sure we can hold out and hopefully bag another later in the season, but its a gamble :D But if we do the draw thing then the state teams are pretty much done. I was using the draw option for those members left out at the end so they could be paired up. Not for the teams already formed:) I wanted to see some of the teams from last season back since everyones gunning for the #1 from last time(bring it LOL).

Wes, you want to help handle this:) seems you have a good grasp on how things went last time :wink:

Mike, I'm with you on the buck bening scored as a doe. If someone shoots a buck, then it should be scored as a buck. A simpl fix to this would be you must score your first buck kill in the contest(like the turkey contest). No matter if its a 4pt, its a buck and counts as a buck. That would be the only change I would like to see with the rules :D Then no one has to worry about who can bag more bucks since it becomes a 1buck contest for all.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

VixChix wrote:If there are 3 person teams, then I'll bail and look for a "Queens of the Forest" team! :lol:
vix, setup your team... 3 person that is :D

next week someone will post about teams and who's on them.. then Ill put them up on excel.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

We looked at a lot of ways to do the points and such in the past. Mike P is correct(again), there was no way to do a contest to be fair to all.

The 3 person teams are the best. In some cases where the three person team could not possibly harvest 9 deer because of limits or the members simply did not want to harvest a total of 9, then the additional team members were allowed. I didn't see any issues with those teams last year. Sure, they have a slight advantage with 4 folks hunting three bucks, but, they still have to harvest that buck.

The rules from last year were fine. We had a very competitive contest last year. Several teams were in the hunt up until the last week.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

finaly got it figured out! :) Thanks..that was getting confusing lol
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Nothing to hunt right now... might as well work this out. :lol:

I'm looking for a new team. That way Team DryFire might stand a chance. LOL :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bojangles wrote:finaly got it figured out! :) Thanks..that was getting confusing lol
lol, to save all the headache, its pretty much last years rules :P

if anything changes, it would be minor edits to certain conditions but it wont effect the teams

so just pair up in your 3 person teams.. we have more than enough here to form 3 person teams for everyone. If someone gets left out, then we can edit things for that :D
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

crazyfarmer wrote:Wes, you want to help handle this:) seems you have a good grasp on how things went last time :wink:
I don't have the computer savoy to help like your going to need, but thanks for asking. I think you are going to need some secretary skills, Ladies :)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

So how about a list of the current rules?
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=

This is last yrs results of the teams and who and how many were there,hope this helps some

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... er+contest

These are the rules from last yr.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Thanks Wes for diggin that up... keep in mind, this is for fun. It costs nothing to enter hense the rules we have. If everyone wants to pay 20bucks to enter, then we can get more serious LOL :P
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Sounds like fun I would like to play if that ok. If any one needs some one to fill a gap. I can take 9 or 10 deer so i should be good for a point or 2 or do i need to make a team :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

rt2bowhunter wrote:Sounds like fun I would like to play if that ok. If any one needs some one to fill a gap. I can take 9 or 10 deer so i should be good for a point or 2 or do i need to make a team :D
just wait and see whos left out or make a post for your own team:)
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Thank you i have been invited to join a team. :D
8up

Post by 8up »

Can I make one suggestion? The "contest standings" post be a sticky at the top. Then Crazyfarmer can just edit the same post each time he updates it. From my experiences on other boards this makes it easier for everyone to keep track and know which team to talk smack too lol. Then of course everyone can make there own post for the rest of us to admire.

I will help if there is anything I can do.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."