Convenience fee?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I've also purchased online the last 2 or 3 years. It is handy.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

We have a phone center in Ontario. When we call to enter the antlerless deer draw we can renew our deer licence at the same time. A few months later both come in the mail. I think I would rather do it online like you guys though, even for a 3 buck fee.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wabi

Post by wabi »

In Ohio we can purchase a license online and print it when purchased.
Just looked and it cost only $1.14 above the license cost for both my annual hunting and fishing licenses ([email protected]/ea = $38.00 my cost was $39.14 when I purchased & printed both). I believe the extra charge is for credit card processing and is per-transaction, not per-license.
What I like is I can purchase one deer tag and if I fill it I can purchase another one the day I use the first. Just get online and with a few clicks (personal information is stored in a database so you don't have to enter it each time) I can hunt again tomorrow!

Ohio will soon be going to an online system of license sales & game checking/tagging. From what I understand you can do it all from any computer connected to the internet. License sales locations will simply have a computer terminal for you to use.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Re: Convenience fee?

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: It just keeps getting better every year...serious! :D
Wisconsin hunting license: Good! :)

Wisconsin archery deer license: Better!! :D

Wisconsin archery deer license purchased online: Better yet!!! 8)

NC Lifetime Sportsman's License (Comprehensive):

CRANKAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:P :P :lol: :lol:
Grizz
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

In KY you can go online and buy all of your licenses and tags, for the normal cost, plus a small fee. The thing is, all you get is a number.

This number is your license/tag. If you're checked by a Wildlife & Boating Officer, you give them the number. They call it in to check the validity of it and you're good to go.

That being said, I still go to a retail outlet and get mine. They've got machines in various retailers, archery/gun shops, etc. You give the person your driver's license, tell them what license/permits you want and they print the stuff out right then.

Yeah, the internet is convenient, but I still want that piece of paper SHOWING I've got mine. :wink: Just my luck, there would be a computer glitch and my info wouldn't be saved if I did it on the computer. :roll: But it is convenient for out of state hunters who aren't familiar with where a retailer might be that sells them.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

How long does it take for the residents of Ontario to get their licensed delivered if ordered online? I fish in Ontario near Pelee Island (Lake Erie) and I liked the system but they told me a month to get the license delivered to Michigan after purchase. I have the purchase confirmation and wondered if I could fish early and if checked by Ontario Ministry if providing the receipt would be enough? Don't want to take any chances, and never like to break any laws, wondered if anyone knew the answer from experience?
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
Acts 11:7 I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'
mikej

Post by mikej »

BigBwanaD wrote:How long does it take for the residents of Ontario to get their licensed delivered if ordered online? I fish in Ontario near Pelee Island (Lake Erie) and I liked the system but they told me a month to get the license delivered to Michigan after purchase. I have the purchase confirmation and wondered if I could fish early and if checked by Ontario Ministry if providing the receipt would be enough? Don't want to take any chances, and never like to break any laws, wondered if anyone knew the answer from experience?
i would call an mnr office to be 100% sure rather than taking second hand information when it comes to the possibility of being charged
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
BigBwanaD

Post by BigBwanaD »

Great advice, thanks!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
Acts 11:7 I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'