Possible rule change(buck scoring) within

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Possible rule change(buck scoring) within

Post by crazyfarmer »

Guys/Gals, I wanted to run this by everyone but its been some debate on some members having more than 1 buck tag and then scoring those bucks as doe. To make things fair for all, if you kill a buck, it has to be scored as a buck. Only doe can be scored as doe. I never liked seeing bucks entered as doe. BTW, the definition of a buck is that the antlers have to be above the hairline. So in other words, button bucks would be scored as doe. If you kill a spike(3inch tines) then its going to be scored as a buck, or not scored at all.

seem fair to everyone???

I just wanted to see if this would even up the odds, espically since my stata and a few others give you 3 buck tags everyyear.

thoughts???

pts scoring would remain the same as last year
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

I find that very acceptable. However us where I am, get one Buck only.
So one Buck and then Doe's would be perfect for many of us up here.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

LOVE IT! I greatly disliked the bucks for does.
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

sounds good to me
mikej

Post by mikej »

i didn't like the bucksfor does, but wouldn't that make it more uneven. if one team member entered 3 bucks they would have a very high score compared to a member with 1 buck and 2 does. it doesn't make a difference to me i can only take one deer buck or doe
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Big John

n

Post by Big John »

That's okay mikej. :wink: A lot of Boy's up here can only take one. And many only one Buck. But it's all for fun anyway. It is "very hard" to have a tournament where all is fair for everyone, very hard. That is why the best contest we have is the photo contest. Now that is a good contest. :)
But we need to remember, it's only for fun. That's why I enter. And however the organizer wants to run it, is fine by me. These things are never easy. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
mikej

Post by mikej »

well said john.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

It's all just for fun.... and the good-natured trash talkin' that goes with it. :lol:

Having said that, I'm still waiting for Mike P to put on a long blonde wig and join our girlz team!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mikej wrote:i didn't like the bucksfor does, but wouldn't that make it more uneven. if one team member entered 3 bucks they would have a very high score compared to a member with 1 buck and 2 does. it doesn't make a difference to me i can only take one deer buck or doe
you missed the point of this... you can only score 1 buck as a buck. If you kill 2 bucks, the second doesnt get scored at all since it wont be allowed under the doe score.

Each member can kill only 1 buck and 2 does by the contest rules;) Not 3bucks per person LOL

in other words, you get only 1 buck to enter as an score. Any other bucks are just meat for your freezer and no points. For good deer management, we want to see 2 doe entered instead of bucks for the other 2 scores 8)
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Enter Does that I can do :)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Can a doe be scored as a buck?
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:Can a doe be scored as a buck?
LOL.. unless it one of those freaky crossdressing deer :P :P
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It's just for fun. Right . . .that's what all the losers say!! :twisted: :twisted: :P

Just kidding . . .it was fun the year I lost too. :lol:

I'm all for the buck is a buck rule. However, I don't see why we would need to submit the first buck killed.

For those guys that can only legally harvest one deer . . .that's where they should be allowed to make a team to where the team has a 9 deer limit, regardless of the number of members. Last year each member could get a buck and 2 does . . .9 deer for the team. So, if you have a 9 member team and each member can only legally take one deer, then that's a total of 9 deer. Of course, the limit on bucks would be three for that team too. So, the rest of the team would have to submit does after the three bucks were submitted. That way every team has the ability to legally take 9 deer. I see no problem with that. There would be the advantage of having more time/hunters in the woods . . .but, they still have to be successful. :lol: It's probably harder to be successful in an area with a one deer limit. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

crazyfarmer wrote:
mikej wrote:i didn't like the bucksfor does, but wouldn't that make it more uneven. if one team member entered 3 bucks they would have a very high score compared to a member with 1 buck and 2 does. it doesn't make a difference to me i can only take one deer buck or doe
you missed the point of this... you can only score 1 buck as a buck. If you kill 2 bucks, the second doesnt get scored at all since it wont be allowed under the doe score.

Each member can kill only 1 buck and 2 does by the contest rules;) Not 3bucks per person LOL

in other words, you get only 1 buck to enter as an score. Any other bucks are just meat for your freezer and no points. For good deer management, we want to see 2 doe entered instead of bucks for the other 2 scores 8)
i get it now . decent idea
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Makes sense to me.
Terry

Quad 300 x2