Cuddeback pics(past 2 weeks)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Cuddeback pics(past 2 weeks)

Post by crazyfarmer »

Since we are getting light rain today Im in the process if pulling and swapping cards. I still have 4 cameras left to check but so far Ive gotten 320 pics on 3 cameras in the past 2 weeks. Mostly doe and small bucks, but a few are getting impressive. Here are a few snaps from the captures. I just bought a cuddeview which is pretty handy, but the copy feature is broke so I have to return it. But the biggest help is setting the camera height off the ground. Most of mine were about 1ft to high, so Ive lowered the cameras now.

First one is grandpa. Ive got a pic of him from last season and he's going downhill. But this deer only seems to move at night. Age wise, I'm thinking he's in the 7 year old range if not more. Last season he was a 7pt with decent G2's but now's he in the weird 6pt class. He still has time to grow, but this is a cull buck for sure. His mainbeams remind me of a Louisville Sluggar bat LOL

This one was right behind him. Ive got more pics of him about 1.5miles from this camera. Yes, they seem to roam alot during dark hours;) He's on the hitlist and will more than likely stay in the 9pt class. He just couldnt grow the G3 on the left side.

yes, my camera was to high. Im not sure if this is a perfect 10, or the 9 above(more pics of him below). Its amazing how they can sneak up to the camera. This camera has been there for 2 weeks(untouched). Yet he still knew it was there. Just think about those ladder stands everyone uses. If they can find this little camera, they definitly know when treestands are there!

this is the same 9 with his new bachlor buddie and kid LOL. I have 12 different pics of these deer just laying in front of the camera. No bait or anything, just a funnel area in the woods(funnels are GOLD).

another pic.. bambi dreaming about growing up:)

finally the other bachlor gets up and heads off down the bottom where a few stands will be next month:)

cant wait;) now im off to check some other cameras 8)
Last edited by crazyfarmer on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Crazy, great pics looks like a good season coming.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Those are nice pics. Man, I gotta get me a cuddeback. Right now I have a moultrie and the trigger speed is way too slow. Although I do have some pretty nice pics of...........tree's.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

nice pictures CF.! good luck this season. by that i mean good luck picking which one :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

here are a few more from today.. nothing huge, but some decent pics

little 6 doing the sniff test(had to move this camera to a different spot)

another wide 6 pimpin into the field

I think this is the same 6 above, just 1 mile away.

this deer is alot bigger than he looks.. he's got really good mass and he goes straight up.

overall, im learning that most of these bucks are roaming in a 5-6mile range. I didnt think they moved that much untill the camera started taking pics.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Those are some nice pictures!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Nice pictures!
Good luck with them!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I know you got one CF,more will turn up just to mess with your mind, which one do I hunt you know what I mean. :) good pics

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Wow ! ... you say nothing huge ... they are bigger than most in my area !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

R.J. wrote:Wow ! ... you say nothing huge ... they are bigger than most in my area !
its 4 from last year I have yet to get pics of. My last pics were in Feb of those before they dropped. I know they are there, just not posing :lol: But they dont get big by being stupid;)

again, all of these were taken with cuddeback captures.. I cant stand the IR model. But the plain capture works great for 172bucks(ebay). I did find the lower I had the camera, the more critters I got pics of. I hate getting 16 pics of the same squirrel in 5mins. I swear the lil bugger sets on the camera and plays with it :evil: All and all out of 400 pics I had 3-4 out of color(purplish) pics. I had 3 with nothing in the pic. Maybe 20 or so not in focus but you could still make out the pts and etc. If you havent tried one, give it a try;)

WES, I cant wait till the pre rut starts and deer start roaming from distant lands;) Its amazing checking these since you never know what could walk by.
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Great shots CF :!: 8)

Thanks for sharing them :!:

Cutter
www.outdoor-talk.com

2010 Trail Camera Photo Contest Enter Today
7magman

Post by 7magman »

those are some great picts.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

those would be great bucks where i'm from.....hey cf ...what kind of battery life do u get with those cameras ...thanks
mikej

Post by mikej »

nice bucks
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

warningshot wrote:those would be great bucks where i'm from.....hey cf ...what kind of battery life do u get with those cameras ...thanks
based on a average of 80 pics every 2 weeks I'm getting about 4-5months out of each set. Ill change them again in Sept just to be safe since I dont want them dieing when I need them. With any camera, it depends on how much the flash is used and how hard it is to load the picture to the memory card. Thats why I like good SD cards so the pics are saved in a few seconds instead of 20-30seconds.

all the reviews tend to support 4-6months from them in battery life. Now if its taking 4-5 pics every 2 weeks then it should last longer. When temps drop in the 10-30's they wont last as long either.