Pa Archers Need Your Help!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

That's the point, there ARE NO statistics for PA! Nobody knows what will happen! SOme have speculated, but NOBODY knows what full inclusion STATEWIDE will have in PA.

I have always supported x-bows for the physically challenged and a measured and slow inclusion statewide for everyone else. I think 2 weeks statewide is a fair compromise.

Contrary to what you may believe, my only concern is that a full inclusion statewide COULD result in a shortened ARCHERY season! No matter what you say, that COULD be a possibility.

I fully accept that some day crossbows may be allowed in the entire archery season statewide. I simply believe they should be gradually implemented as to protect the current archery season.

Just seems like common sense to me! :wink:
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Did someone here predict an influx of trolls?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

FullDRAW wrote:That's the point, there ARE NO statistics for PA! Nobody knows what will happen! SOme have speculated, but NOBODY knows what full inclusion STATEWIDE will have in PA.

I have always supported x-bows for the physically challenged and a measured and slow inclusion statewide for everyone else. I think 2 weeks statewide is a fair compromise.

Contrary to what you may believe, my only concern is that a full inclusion statewide COULD result in a shortened ARCHERY season! No matter what you say, that COULD be a possibility.

I fully accept that some day crossbows may be allowed in the entire archery season statewide. I simply believe they should be gradually implemented as to protect the current archery season.

Just seems like common sense to me! :wink:
Not true.

PA has had crossbow legalization in certain areas of the state for several years. Has the herd been decimated or the archery season shortened in these areas?

Nope...

No, what you all are doing is trying to hold off as long as you can becasue you don't want to share the woods with anyone..IOW - you all can't beat us so you will stall and stonewall using "the resource" as a wedge.

Pitiful...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

Woody Williams wrote:
PA has had crossbow legalization in certain areas of the state for several years. Has the herd been decimated or the archery season shortened in these areas?

Those are the SPECIAL REGULATIONS areas around Pitt and Philly- no way you can compare those areas to the big woods of the REST of the state!!!!!

The limiting factor in those areas is ACCESS, plain and simple- doesn;t matter if ya legalized grenades, if there is no (hunting) access, you won;t kill many deer.

You can;t compare the effect crossbows will have on the ENTIRE STATE to their effect in the SPecial Regs areas!

ANd BTW, if you want to get more insight into what kind of a person I am, ask BOB1961. I know him personally, and I believe I have always treated him with the utmost respect, even though our opinions differ on certain subjects. I have hunted with the Flintlock with him several years ago and talked to him at our Church Sportsmen's dinner and 3D archery shoot. I have no problem hunting with him(or any other ethical crossbow hunter) and am not a selfish bowhunter that wants to keep all the big bucks for myself. ANd I think Bob would verify that charachter assessment!
There's a place for all of God's Creatures...............right next to the mashed potatos! :)
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Ah HA you don't want to keep all the big bucks to yourself, maybe you've never killed a big buck and afraid someone might beat you to him, this is from someone who don't care if you ever see a buck period I've grown tired of your bs, a crossbow hunter who will be in PA. THIS SEASON. killing your deer.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Pooey....

Any good biologist can look at the percentage of deer being killed in these "SPECIAL REGULATIONS areas by each individual type of hunting tool and make a pretty good educated guess on what would happen state wide.

We've heard over and over again how each state is different from the proceeding states that have allowed crossbows and guess what? The legalization of crossbows in those new states was NO different than it was in the other states.

It was MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING..

I've bowhunted PA and believe me there is nothing special about your state. When, not if, crossbows are allowed full season everyone will just go hutning and there wont be any shortening of seasons as the doom sayers predict.

Back when this was first starting the PA Bowhunter club was unbending as they thought full inclusion would not happen. Now that it has they are now in a corner saying, "Hey, let's go with Weaner and cut it back to two weeks". Out of the rut of course.

This has a 3 year sunset clause on it. Gather data and IF (won't happen) there is a detrimental effect on the herd, axe crossbows then..

I've got a C note that says there will be no detrimental effect.

"You all" was generic but it must have struck a nerve.........
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

[quote="FullDRAW"]I have always supported x-bows for the physically challenged and a measured and slow inclusion statewide for everyone else. I think 2 weeks statewide is a fair compromise.

I would go for that if you give the 1st 2 weeks in november, Would rather full inclusion
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
FullDRAW

Re: post sub

Post by FullDRAW »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:Ah HA you don't want to keep all the big bucks to yourself, maybe you've never killed a big buck and afraid someone might beat you to him, this is from someone who don't care if you ever see a buck period I've grown tired of your bs, a crossbow hunter who will be in PA. THIS SEASON. killing your deer.

Wes
Nope Wes,

Not afraid of ANYONE killing the deer around here. I Just cherish the (little)time I (and hopefully this year my son) get to hunt the Fall Archery Season! 8) ANd I just don;t want to see anything possibly shorten it!

I hope you have an enjoyable archery season up here this year!

And believe it or not, that was sincere.

BTW, if ya don;t like what I post, just ignore it! :wink:
mikej

Post by mikej »

so if you would support a 2 week crossbow season does that mean a crossbow only season that wouldn't be shared with vert bows
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

I would not supprt any proposal that would shorten the current 6 week archery season.
mikej

Post by mikej »

so you're saying you have no problem giving crossbows a 2 week season only but they should have to share the woods with compounds :roll: :roll:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

WHy not? Archers have had to share the woods for years with small game hunters, turkey hunters, early muzzleloader hunters and jr/Sr rifle hunters during the 6 week archery season in PA.

I have no problem with that- at times I am actually that small game hunter, turkey hunter or muzzleloader hunter. :roll:
FullDRAW

Post by FullDRAW »

Simply because those .22's, muzzleloaders, shotguns and rifles are no threat to (shorten) the archery season! :roll:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bstout wrote:
FullDRAW wrote:Simply because those .22's, muzzleloaders, shotguns and rifles are no threat to (shorten) the archery season! :roll:
Your deception only works on your own kind.
More of a scare tactic than anything else.

FullDRAW,

Please show us ANY state that has decresed it's archery season (or any other season for that matter) lengths or bag limits due to the legalization of crossbows into the archery season.

Time to fish or cut bait....
Woody Williams

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I just did a trip through PA visiting archery dealers throughout the state and nobody even knows about Mr. Weaners plans and people are buying crossbows, lots of them. Also, I have a copy of the PA 2009-2010 hunting regs and it clearly states in the book that crossbows will be legal in the full archery season state-wide, that is proof enough for the average Joe. I'm not sure how he is planning to change things at this point and even if he does it could not take effect until next year I'm told. Next year it will be a proven entity and will be a non-issue. Its time for all archery hunters to unite and start putting thier efforts into more important matters like keeping an archery season. Who cares what kind of bow a hunter uses?

Peter