Deer Contest - The Early Las Vegas Line

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Deer Contest - The Early Las Vegas Line

Post by Mike P »

Below you will find the Early Las Vegas line on the Excalibur deer contest. The morning line was set by none other then yours truly and reflects my best guess as to the chances for each team of winning the contest.

The buckeyes 9/5
Team Virgina 2/1
The Whitetail Whackers 3/1
Backstraps & Butter 4/1
Team Ontario 5/1
Team Carolina 10/1
Team Michigan 10/1
No Great Threat 15/1
Team Alabama 20/1
Heart Stoppers 20/1
Big Bucks No Whammy's 25/1
Team Dryfire 40/1
Team Ibex 40/1
Keystone Blood Trailers 50/1
Jersey Xbows 75/1
Curves with Recurves 100/1

The Buckeyes – A very dangerous team and the overall favorite to win the contest. Wabi will surely whack some doe's and Fred and Kenton have always done their homework and should contribute substantial Ohio bucks that just may take home the trophy.

Team Virgina – Although they are the defending champions they just do not have the bucks that can compete with the Ohio bucks and thus they fall to second choice.

The Whitetail Whackers – Another very dangerous team as Woody is known to take serious bucks and is taking another crack at Illinois this year and the bucks there can compete with the Ohio bucks.

Backstraps & Butter – A sleeper team that with the right luck could finish in the money.

Team Ontario – Didn't want Canada to feel left out so this team breaks the top five.

Team Carolina – This team enters the top ten on the strength of Ray getting a chance to pop a 160 class buck down in Texas and Tyler proved he is a harvesting machine based on last year.

Team Michigan – Enters the top ten based on the number of deer in Michigan along with some pretty fair bucks.

No Great Threat – The name says it all!

Team Alabama – Lots of deer but they are all the size of Midwest fawns thus they have little chance of finishing in the top five.

Heart Stoppers – Not much known about this team but I like the name and that alone puts them in the top ten.

Big Bucks No Whammy's – Despite the name this odds maker feels there will indeed be some whammy's.

Team Dryfire – Once again, the name says it all. Hard to kill bucks without arrows.

Team Ibex – Another team surrounded in mystery but they have a great name.

Keystone Blood Trailers – This team is ranked low because I do not like the Pittsburg Steelers.

Jersey Xbows - They have deer in New Jersey?

Curves & Recurves – Oh please, give me a break! A girly team? Not a chance.

If you did not find your team listed it is because I could not find your team name in the thread where you are supposed to post your team. I will update the odds as the contest progresses.
Last edited by Mike P on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Curves & Recurves – Oh please, give me a break! A girly team? Not a chance.
Sure, you're all laughing now... Just you wait! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: lmao
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

:lol: ..''deer in jersey?'' :lol:
Algonquin

Team Curves with Recurves

Post by Algonquin »

HMMMM :?: :?: :?: Never Under estimate the Many Talents of Us Women !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: LMAO
******** Melissa *********
"Team Curves with Recurves"
Equinox
Lumizone
Excalibur Stabilizer

"Learn from the Turtles, They only Make Progress when They Stick Their Necks Out"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I'll take those odds. :D Sleeper team............................hmmmmm...........silent, but deadly. I like it :twisted: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I got $5.00 to put on 'Heart Stoppers' at those odds.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mike,

I know you have great bucks in Ohio, but Team VA is clearly gonna repeat as the winner of this years contest. It's all in the stats:

2007- 2nd place- And this was with only Crazy Farmer and myself submitting entries, our 3rd member turned out to be a deadbeat and never submitted his entries.

2008- 1st place, added Scott Sumner to the line up.

If I was a betting man, my moneys on Team VA.

Rich
animal

Post by animal »

mike p thats just not right we have plenty of deer, between all the homes we have some woods called small wood lots that hold some monster bucks . they just don't let us hunt there :lol: Seriously we have plenty of deer just that not enough of them make it to maturity. Will have to wait and see partner :wink: Thats not nice Bojangles :lol:
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

im just messin with ya :) .....Its just struck me as funny........I know what ya mean about small lots...my favorite woods to hunt in is only 5 acres off woods...thats it...but I see a ton of deer there compared to my other woods i hunt in..
Last edited by bojangles on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

I'm all in! Trapped some nuisance beaver behind the house this spring and was amazed at the sign and big rubs--havent hunted back there in nearly ten years---If i can get that whopper in the swamp, and add 1 or 2 from behind me---hummmm
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Kelley wrote:I got $5.00 to put on 'Heart Stoppers' at those odds.
Kelley
I wouldn't spend any more than five bucks betting on Mike's odds, Kelley ... seeing as Saxman wasn't and isn't on Team Carolina. :P :lol: :lol:

I think Mike's been hanging around Becker's stillhouse ... umm, I mean blind again. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
xbowkidd

Re: Deer Contest - The Early Las Vegas Line

Post by xbowkidd »

i got 20 on team dryfire
Team Dryfire
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Oh the pressure! Vegas didn't know this is going to be a tough year of hunting for me. I'm way behind my normal shedule. I had alot going on this spring, bought a new house, got married, doing some remodeling, and working 60 plus hours a week. Having said all that I got my last camera out today, and seen the BIGGEST July buck of my life! On the other hand Kenton is on top of his game this year. He is picking up my slack big time!!! Then there is Wabi who is the rock of the team, "old reliable" if you will. So maybe your right Vegas. The buckeyes are a quite team, that has had a bit of a dry spell going on. This year is the year that letting the 140's walk really pays off! The buckeyes are a trio of quite Ohio boys, the other teams may not be worried about us, but I ASSURE you the deer are!
zeke@pa

Post by zeke@pa »

Mike P wrote: Keystone Blood Trailers – This team is ranked low because I do not like the Pittsburg Steelers.
It's OK Mike I can understand why you wouldn't like the Steelers. Not everyone like a greedy winner. I mean why does any team need SIX Lombardi Trophies. They should let some of the other teams have a go at it.

AFC North Standings
W L T PCT PF PA
Pittsburgh 12 4 0 .750 347 223
Baltimore 11 5 0 .688 385 244
Cincinnati 4 11 1 .281 204 364
Cleveland 4 12 0 .250 232 350

Sept. 14 at Cleveland, Steelers 10 Browns 6
Oct. 19 at Cincinnati, Steelers 38 Bengals 10
Nov. 20 at Pittsburgh, Steelers 27 Bengals 10
Dec. 28 at Pittsburgh, Steelers 21 Browns 0

I like the your odds, gives me a chance to pick up some extra cash for the mount I'm going to want done. :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote: I wouldn't spend any more than five bucks betting on Mike's odds, Kelley ... seeing as Saxman wasn't and isn't on Team Carolina. :P :lol: :lol:
It's not the booze I tell ya, it's the early senility kicking in. I didn't take my time and rushed that post and didn't proof read it as I always do. I meant Tyler!

I will correct it!