Thermacell??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Love mine. Trick to lightening 'em is to wait 4-5 seconds for butane to flow then ignite. Trying to make my own pads using mosquito coils crushed and dissolved in bit of water, spread on used up pad.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Cossack wrote:Love mine. Trick to lightening 'em is to wait 4-5 seconds for butane to flow then ignite. Trying to make my own pads using mosquito coils crushed and dissolved in bit of water, spread on used up pad.
Good idea, hows it work out making your own? Refills are expensive for them. But I do like mine.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Farmer wrote:Thermacell works very well . It is a Bear hunters best friend .
And my .02 cents is he be right.... Love mine, works great... Have two as ya never know when ya need a spare.. Mine is going on 3 year of use and no problems (YET) :D As Famer stated a HUNTERS best friend..left out the bear part as I no do!! :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I went out last night to the woods. Here in S Ontario it has been very wet, yesterday was overcast. As you could imagine, every square inch of my flesh was covered with mosquitoes while the thermacell was warming up. my legs and arms were red. WITH MY OWN BLOOD! After it warmed up, they all dissapeared. Unbeleivable!!! Worth the money for sure. It seems like you need to be sationary though, like it needs to saturate an area to work. It was on while I went trail riding. When I stopped i was covered in skeeters until a minute went by. Then no bugs. But I am happy with mine, I look forward to early season hunting with this thing.

Now I own Two!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-