How Old Are You??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Soon to be 69 year old body wrapped around a 19 and a half year old soul.
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Just turned 55 in June but the wife said I still act like a kid so I'm not complaining. :lol:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
Algonquin

re age

Post by Algonquin »

A woman who tells her age .... will tell every thing !!! ROTFLMAO .. :twisted:
******** Melissa *********
"Team Curves with Recurves"
Equinox
Lumizone
Excalibur Stabilizer

"Learn from the Turtles, They only Make Progress when They Stick Their Necks Out"
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Im going to say good by to the 40's in September.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

48 here and I wont grow up, my daughter tells me Im imature and thats just fine with me.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

My body is 50 but my brain is 16...I'm still doing stupid stuff like racing motorcycles! :D

Peter
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Them will hurt you Peter

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I'm 58 and I'll climb mountains and hunt from trees as long as I'm able , hopefully they'll build a treestand with a built in walker in another 20
years. :lol:
Tenn.

Equinox
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

I will be turning the big 1/2 century this year. 3 major surgery's behind me with fewer days ahead of me then behind me, but still climbing trees...
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:D I'm so old I had to go through 7 pages 7 times to be sure I had not replied to this already. I just turned 70 on June 26th so I may be close but I still hope to catch up to Ghost if he'll just slow down a little :lol:
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
B-Logger wrote:Here is how I exercise:

Very cool, B-Logger! 8)

What is the make and model of your bike?

I do 8-16 miles daily on a Schwinn 232 recumbent exercise bike, using the heaviest setting. It's convenient for me to hop on during a break from work, as my study is here in the house.

I want to get a recumbent road-bike soon, too.

Any advice or experiences to share? Pros and cons?

Thanks! :D
The bike is a 2007 Bacchetta Giro 26 (They also make a Giro 20 which is the same except it has a 20" front wheel.)

There are many good recumbents out there and there are so darned many different styles. That is good though because everyone can find the styles they like.

Mine is called a SWB, or short wheel base and is also called a high racer. So far the high racers have proven to be one of the very best for racing and for long distance. This bike, however, is not built for racing although it looks just like some others. For instance, it looks not that much different from the Bacchetta Corsa or Aero, but those are much lighter and are built for speed.

btw, the Corsa and Aero were rode by John Schlitter of Bacchetta in 2008 RAAM and John is the only one so far to have rode solo in RAAM and was able to finish.

Some bikes seem to be harder to ride than others but you can get accustomed to most of them very quick and easy. However, it is almost like learning to ride all over again when you first start out on these bikes. You also use some different muscles than on a regular DF bike.

The very nicest thing about recumbents is the comfort and lack of hurting after a long ride. I ruined my wrists, elbows and shoulders riding my old Bianchi. On top of that I have had numerous back surgeries and my neck is not shot so I can not look up worth a hoot, which you must do if riding a DF bike.

btw, I rode 75 miles today. No hurting either; just smiling and loving it.

Griz, hold on and I'll send you a PM hopefully tomorrow. Some others have also asked questions via PM and I'm happy to help anybody I can.

Here are a couple of web sites for good bikes:

http://www.bacchettabikes.com/

http://www.rans.com/

http://www.hostelshoppe.com/

There are others, but this gives you a start and they are all good.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I'm 37 having a birthday in January. Sometimes I feel like I'm 87. I guess its not the years but the miles that hurt you :!:
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

just hit 68 in june, time really flies when your having fun. I have 3 bro left out of nine of us. Lost 2 sisters last year and my youngest daughter last week. Still climbing trees and hunting/fishing. good luck all. Hawk
lscha

Post by lscha »

Leonard Hawkins wrote:just hit 68 in june, time really flies when your having fun. I have 3 bro left out of nine of us. Lost 2 sisters last year and my youngest daughter last week. Hawk
Oh, Hawk, I'm so sorry. My condolences.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
mikej

Post by mikej »

sorry to hear that hawk
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective