Finally shot the Phoenix!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spiwonka

Finally shot the Phoenix!!

Post by spiwonka »

I just got my Phoenix in this eveing at about 2 P.M. I mounted the scope slapped everything together and started shooting after about 10 shots my FFF string seemed to quit stretching. Pretty quiet for a crossbow. I think it quite a bit quiter then my dads exomax and does so with less vibration of course. My fathers exomax has a definite whoomp to it, that can be heard for some distance, unlike the Phoenix. Of course its about 50# and 50 fps less, but for my useage I think I'm ready to go. I Was playing around at 50 and it could stack them in the bullseye nicely. Next, I'm going to try a some 100 grain three blade rage and some of my 125 grain montec g5s. I'm very pleased with the Phoenix to say the least. I'm ready for a little fall and I will be ready to go chase some whitetail and a few hogs around!!! It's hard to believe that you can get one rigged out and ready to go for 565 bucks shipped. My PSE Dreamseson rigged out was almost 1200.00. Of course that is with fuse micro sights, stabalizer and micro adjust arrow rest.
Last edited by spiwonka on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Sounds great.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

good to hear spiwonka!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

It sounds like Excalibur addiction is setting in.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Way to go. Have owned and shot them both (Equinox). Extra speed not worth the hassle of cocking and harshness of shot IMO. Phoenix is all the bow I need.
The other night when I was practicing off the back deck I told my wife I could hit the nose of the 50 yard target deer profile. She was doubtful; Zip, one nose shot. Challenged to me do it again. arrows nearly touched.
My SIL missed the same target and the field- tipped arrow buried 2" into live wood at 60 yards...after skipping off the ground. Nothing wrong with this 'lighter' bow.
kmtpr

Post by kmtpr »

Phoenix is a nice bow. Good luck with it. :D
Am a non-hunting woman who supports hunting and crossbows!

I rather be hated for standing up for what I believe in, than be popular by going against my beliefs.

NRA Golden Eagles & ILA, NJOA