few questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spiwonka

few questions

Post by spiwonka »

I'm shooting a Phoenix with Easton Firebolts using 125 and 100 grain heads. I also have3 the flemish fast flight string. For those who have been shooting the firebolts, how have they been shooting?? I'm trying to stick to 100 and 125 grain heads, because I have a ton of rage 3 blade 100 grain and Montec g5 125 grain broadheads. Our deer are pretty small, so I don't think I have to worry about very deep penetration. I've also been thinking about installing some limb savers on the limb across from where the factory pads are at. Anyone try this, hopefully placed there they will suck out a little vibration and not lose much speed. Should I try them out or just forget trying to take a little vibration out of the bow. Any thoughts and ideas will be appreciated!! I'm new at the crossbow stuff!!!

Thanks,

Shane P.
Last edited by spiwonka on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Forget about the limb savers, you won't have any problems with getting pass throughs, go hunting :)

Wes
Last edited by Limbs and Sticks on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I use 2216 easton aluminum bolts with wasp 125 grain fixed blade broad heads with a Boo string out of my Exomax and it rips right through them. so just settle on one broad head because of the weight difference, sight it in good, practice a lot, put the Bolt in the right spot in the deer, and you will have NO problems. If i haven't all ready said it welcome to the Forum.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Here is the straight scoop from one Texan to another spiwonka, the absolute best way to go is get yourself a Boo string with the served on cat whiskers and the NGSS system and you will not only eliminate vibration, but the noise reduction is substantial as well.

You will be a happy man. :lol:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

same as the above:)

I shoot 100grain rage heads and love them.. Va and Texas have roughly the same body size deer and they work fine

flight with the firebolts has always been great for me. I just like making my own arrows so I use gold tip laser 2's. Any arrow will fly good if you match it with a good bhead.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Mike P wrote:Here is the straight scoop from one Texan to another spiwonka, the absolute best way to go is get yourself a Boo string with the served on cat whiskers and the NGSS system and you will not only eliminate vibration, but the noise reduction is substantial as well.

That's a fact Jack. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

sumner4991 wrote:
Mike P wrote:Here is the straight scoop from one Texan to another spiwonka, the absolute best way to go is get yourself a Boo string with the served on cat whiskers and the NGSS system and you will not only eliminate vibration, but the noise reduction is substantial as well.

That's a fact Jack. :D
Now go Whack'em, Stack'em, and Sack,em. :D

Welcome and good luck hunting.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Limb savers will reduce the noise a bit, but they also reduce velocity up to around 20 FPS. You'll NEVER make that crossbow quiet enough that a deer won't hear it, but you MIGHT make it slow enough that a deer can jump it. Leave the gizmos off your limbs and string and just have fun. Just my opinion though, and I was wrong once or twice!
spiwonka

Post by spiwonka »

Thanks for all of the info. I've been really thinking about ordering a boo string with the served in whiskers. I really can't wait for the deer season to come around these 99-104 degree days been killing me and it's not even August yet!! . I think I'm in the wrong part of the country, because I love cold weather. When it's 30 degrees I'm running around barefooted, short sleeve and shorts.