Which stock do you prefer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

Post by frisky »

A nice wood thumbhole stock does it for me.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
mikej

Post by mikej »

traditional for me because of the safety issue mentioned earlier . i tried both when i bought mine but just found the traditional stock fit better
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

either one....makes no difference to me really
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

I prefer the thumbhols stock. Fits me very well.
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Mike P wrote:
Boo wrote:The only problem is that the stock on the Y25 doesn't make a good shock absorber when performing acrobatics on a quad! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perhaps if you quit shooting the poor quad it might perform those acrobatics a smidge better!
Thanks guys. I hope on of you two calls me on my deathbed and gets one last dig in, would like to go w/ a complete life.

For you new guys, they are talking about when I 1st shot my ATV w/ Boo's recurve, stuck an arrow in the fender, then rolled the damn thing and busted up my Y-25.

Obviously my preference is anything in one piece. :) :) :)
"Eze 18:21"
huntone

Post by huntone »

I like a thumbhole. I have better coordination when I change shooting positions from my right side to left side. My left hand remembers a pistol grip better. I also feel,as bstout, that the shaking issue is diminished.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

" Stock " I shake when I hear that word !

Nearly lost my lifes savings on Com Dev and Nortel years back ! :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) That or Bre-x for your precious metals stocks :)
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

To me, a thumb hole stock just "feels" better. The main muzzleloader I use has a thumb hole stock and it just feels good when I put it up to my shoulder. The stock is the main reason I got the Equinox. It was a toss up between the Equinox and the Exomax, with both being equal except for the TH stock. :wink: That was the deciding factor for me anyway.

I do a lot of handgun shooting. A semi auto pistol, I can throw it up and hit just about anything I'm shooting at. A revolver on the other hand, where you have to tilt your hand forward a little more to align the sights, I tend to shoot a little high because my hand isn't used to being tilted forward like that.

The same thing carries over to long guns. I force my hand to bend forwards with a traditional pistol grip or straight stock, whereas a thumb hole stock feels more natural to me.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Coffee Break

Post by Coffee Break »

I like a thumbhole but I also shoot a pistol a lot. That maybe the difference in if you like the regular or thumbhole stock. I also use a removable sling that goes from foot bar and down threw the thumbhole.
liaf

Post by liaf »

I own both types and this is how I feel-TH seems better balanced and fitted for my size but the safety is a small issue. On the other hand the trigger on my phoenix has a smoother break than the Vortex.I thought since the vortex is holding back more weight then the phoenix this was the reason but after reading various posts it appears that the trigger mechanism is different for the two and this accounts for the difference. This is my opinion and others may not feel the same.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
liaf

Post by liaf »

Probably true but the unit on the phoenix has a cleaner break than the one on the vortex hence I prefer the phoenix over the vortex in this regard.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i think we all should own at least one of each. i plan on trying to make a TH stock this winter sitting around the heater when not hunting. i have the E'cet 200 the phoenix & the vixen. the vixen gets the all around cowgirl championship. E'cet 200 gets the nod if i have a need fer speed. The phoenix is the step sister.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315