Tried my broadheads out yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spiwonka

Tried my broadheads out yesterday

Post by spiwonka »

I treid my broadheads out with my Phoenix, FFF string and firebolts. The 125 grain Montec g5 we're dead on with my field points, the 100 grain three blade rage we're about 3/4-1" high. Left to right they we're on the money. This was at thirty yards. I think I'm going to have to try a few of these broadheads on my fathers Exomax, last year we we're getting weird flight with firebolts and thunderheads. Accuracy was all over the place. The Thunderheads used to come with the crossbow when you ordered the complete package from Cabelas a few years ago. Now I think they use the boltcutters!! I'm more then pleased with the Phoenix!!
Big D

Post by Big D »

Great info! I am looking forward to you future test. Good news about 125 grain Montec g5. I am trying the rage 2 blade this year after many successful years with the spitfire 125. I raised my arrow up to 535gr 200 up front might shoot tomorrow to see how they fly.

Big D
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Very glad to hear you like your Phoenix very nice bow.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

were you shooting 125grain fieldtips also? Im just wondering why the rage were about 1inch high.. 25grain difference would explain that :D

good shootin :D
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Yes, it is getting to be that time of the year isn't it. Time to rezero my Muzzy 4 blades and start some serious 3D practice from the practice stand.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Moxie wrote:Yes, it is getting to be that time of the year isn't it. Time to rezero my Muzzy 4 blades and start some serious 3D practice from the practice stand.
i fletched up one to practice with and I think my block xbow target is shot.. first shot went through the block and about 30 yards down the field

season is close :D
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I shoot all my arrows just to make sure. Then shot them again with a broadhead. I am going with the G5 tekan or RM gator. 100gr.
spiwonka

Post by spiwonka »

Yes, the pratice tips we're 125 grains along with my montec g5, but the rage we're 100 grain of course. I wish they had made them in the 125 grain also. Here is my target it's a block that used to be around 4 foot tall, but my friend at my local bow/gun shop gives me one when they get a few shot out places on them or the bands bust. I have some old ratchet straps and I rearrange the foam layers. Stops the bolts about 4" before the fletchings. The block is about 3' since it's very, very compressed!!It looks rough, but will last a long, long time!! I can always just keep tighting the ratchet straps up to get more compression!!
mikej

Post by mikej »

good shootin
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good idea on the target!
I'll have to remember that method of recycling shot out targets!

The G5 Montec and the Phoenix is a good combination. Get the blades sharp and put them where they should go and you'll have plenty of venison for the table. :wink:
wabi
Big D

Exomax

Post by Big D »

spiwonka

I was wondering if you tryed the 125 grain Montec g5 broadhead on your fathers Exomax yet? I own the equinox and was curious about the flight out of the exomax speed. I am experimenting with broadheads this year and the g5 montec is a possible choice.

Thanks for the info.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

The magnus ss snuffers fly like my field points on the same line a g5, I use the exomax with lite arrows no prob.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
spiwonka

Post by spiwonka »

I have yet to try the montec out on my fathers exomax, but a I'm going to try them ASAP. My uncle is going to come over and I'm going to string the exomax up. My uncle wants to try them both out and see which one he likes, he's thinking about getting a excalibur. So, I might take a couple of montecs and see how the exomax handles them!!
Big D

Post by Big D »

Thanks! Please let me no.
brad

bolts n broadheads

Post by brad »

seems like signing in to this forum was a good idea getting the vixen tomorrow,limited funds on hand anyone give me heads up as where to start with bolts and broadheads need somplace to start cant afford too many combinations right now very excited to get my first crossbow thanks in advance for the input