What are these ? on the Bow guys

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

What are these ? on the Bow guys

Post by Adrian J Hare »

A friend cam over with his Exomax and shot with me up against my 165 exocet and I had the best Bow :lol: Just kidin, man that Son's of B- of a - never mind, Exomax shot way to fast. I can not believe that a person can shoot at a deer and have any idea where he hit after the shot, because I could not see the arrow hit the target at all 350FPS wow :shock:

Anyway On the front of the limbs there is about 4 in arms running from the main bolt out with a small soft rubber pad , looks like to stop the limbs from going to far forward.

Do I need them on an exocet ?
Last edited by Adrian J Hare on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

If i think what your talking about then they are the dissipator bar and pads. they are said to make less noise/vibration and can protect incase of dry fire. from what i know you dont need them. i have a equinox and i took the pads off and left the bars on because its a lot easier to change a string.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

I think thats exactly what he is talking about and if thats the case dont dry fire the bow Adrian.I have also noticed with the excalibur bows that the safety feature hasnt change much or at all.You need it in the firing position to cock it and then you put it back to safety,so not much has changed over the years with these crossbows!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
mikej

Post by mikej »

the dissipator bars are pretty much optional adrain, you can buy them at any dealer you'll find some like some don't . i left them on my phoenix my dad added them to his exocet 165 i find they do make a slight difference in noise and vibration plus it is a little peace of mind in the event of a dry fire. they way i looked at it was if bill t thinks its a good idea to have them on and includes them on the new models then i'll leave them right where the should be :lol: .

perrys birds an exocet 165 has a safety that engages automatically when the bow is cocked
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks Guys, That is exsactly what I was talking about. Wish I had seen them yesterday when I did my Excal order because I would have included them. I'll be at Shooters Choice at the end of the month so I'll get some then.
perrys birds an exocet 165 has a safety that engages automatically when the bow is cocked
Mike, Talking to Rob in the office yesterday and he said that this bow I have is one of the first made. As for the safety , it works the same as Perrysbird does. When I cock it, I have to put the safety on.

Rob also told me that this bow had a difference in Bow to bow weight's from 165-185 and everyone could be different. He said they all shot at about 300 fps or close to it.

Anyway, because others will be using this bow I think the supressers maybe a good idea.

Thanks once again
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

Hey buddy get some Luminocks for your shafts...i have them on mine and they are awesome...we are going to have to get together and do some shooting with our xbows...Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Prorudy

Post by Prorudy »

When i bought my Vortex i could not see my arrow in flight even with all white vanes,Luminoks took care of that problem.
perrysbirds

Re: What are these ? on the Bow guys

Post by perrysbirds »

Adrian J Hare wrote:A friend cam over with his Exomax and shot with me up against my 165 exocet and I had the best Bow :lol: Just kidin, man that Son's of B- of a - never mind, Exomax shot way to fast. I can not believe that a person can shoot at a deer and have any idea where he hit after the shot, because I could not see the arrow hit the target at all 350FPS wow :shock:

Hey Adrian,

I really enjoyed the visit.Yeah the exomax has the power for sure but as you know its all about the shot placement.I think you got a great bow there for sure.Thats a really nice decoy you have there for shootin and I like you setup.Im sure that decoy dont smell a thing...... :lol:

Perry

Anyway On the front of the limbs there is about 4 in arms running from the main bolt out with a small soft rubber pad , looks like to stop the limbs from going to far forward.

Do I need them on an exocet ?
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
JRS

Post by JRS »

mikej wrote: perrys birds an exocet 165 has a safety that engages automatically when the bow is cocked
My old 165lb carved tip Exocet (circa 1999), did not have the auto safety. My Wolverine, on the other hand, does. The photo of Adrian's bow shows a safety the same as current models.
mikej

Post by mikej »

JRS wrote:
mikej wrote: perrys birds an exocet 165 has a safety that engages automatically when the bow is cocked
My old 165lb carved tip Exocet (circa 1999), did not have the auto safety. My Wolverine, on the other hand, does. The photo of Adrian's bow shows a safety the same as current models.
just noticed that in the pic

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 234#258234
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective