hey Canadians??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sits in trees

hey Canadians??????

Post by sits in trees »

a little off subject but is it true that you guy's have a 50% income tax rate like a flat tax thing, now that we are trying to get a nationalized healthcare system here in the states something maybe close to what you guy's have the anti gov/national ins guys are spreading all types of Canada horror stories down here whenever your health system is mentioned, just wondering??
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

News to me! :shock: However we are taxed the h## out of us.
Not sure the exact amount, it varies with your situation. i.e.: married, single, kids, etc. But no 50% flat tax.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don`t know if it is fair to compare but I had a friend whom was originally from NH. He said the injuries he incurred one weekend doing a motocross here would have cost him a small fortune south of the border . He was very thankful he had a canadian wife . :)
Our system may not be the best . But it is not a system that gives the best care to the richest though .
TPM

Post by TPM »

Tax is based on income level. The first $30,000 or so is taxed around 17%, $30,000-$50,000 around 20% etc.(don't quote my on those exact figures but they're close). There are also a number of ways and factors that reduce your total income tax. Typically a person making $60,000 per year will pay around $10,000-$12,000 income tax. 50% flat tax?! Some one's feeding you guys a line. :?

Horror stories? Don't believe it. It may not be perfect but there is no way I'd give it up.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
bucont

Post by bucont »

TPM wrote:Tax is based on income level. The first $30,000 or so is taxed around 17%, $30,000-$50,000 around 20% etc.(don't quote my on those exact figures but they're close). There are also a number of ways and factors that reduce your total income tax. Typically a person making $60,000 per year will pay around $10,000-$12,000 income tax. 50% flat tax?! Some one's feeding you guys a line. :?

Horror stories? Don't believe it. It may not be perfect but there is no way I'd give it up.
X2
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
mikej

Post by mikej »

TPM wrote:

x3
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

By the time we add in our , propety taxes , provincial sales tax ( soon to be the harmonized tax / a fairer tax the government says :roll: ) GST ( goods and services tax ) , our heatlth care tax / er fee . ( what did Mc Guinty call that one again ).

Then there is Eco fees ( taxes ) on other purchases ( which is a tax on tax isn,t it ? ) that include motor oil ,oil filters , welding rods and gases , paint , electronics ( so they can be recycled ) and so my tire guy says a new tire tax / er fee is soon to come , then on our gasoline has road tax .

50 percent probably when we add up all the little extra fees .
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

here is one that hits home just recieved it in an email

At first I thought this was funny....then I realized the awful truth of it. Be sure to read all the way to the end!

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for peanuts
Anyway!
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.
Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.
> >>>> >>>>
Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.
> >>>> >>>>
When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.
> >>>> >>>>
Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.
> >>>> >>>>
Put these words
Upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me
To my doom...'
> >>>> >>>>
When he's gone,
Do not relax,
It’s time to apply
The inheritance tax.
> >>>> >>>>
> >>>> >>>>
Accounts Receivable Tax
Airline surcharge tax
Airline Fuel Tax
Airport Maintenance Tax
Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Death Tax
Dog License Tax
Driving Permit Tax
Environmental Tax (Fee)
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment (UI)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Gasoline Tax (too much per litre)
Gross Receipts Tax
Health Tax
Hunting License Tax
Hydro Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Mortgage Tax
Personal Income Tax
Property Tax
Poverty Tax
Prescription Drug Tax
Provincial Income Tax
Real Estate Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Retail Sales Tax
Service Charge Tax
School Tax
Telephone Federal Tax
Telephone Federal, Provincial and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middleclass, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the hell happened? Can you spell 'politicians?' And I still have to 'press 1' for English!?!?!?!?

I hope this goes around CANADA at least 100 times!!!!! YOU can help it get there!!!!

GO AHEAD - - - be a CANADIAN !!!!!!!!!!
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I'll trade with ya there Farmer, you can duck and get around a lot of those taxes here, the first time you get sick and lose time from work you will be missing those 5ft. snow drifts, here when your sick the only one that heals is the Dr. and rite-aid, take a survey

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Limbs and Sticks

Re: post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

[quote="Limbs and Bolts"]I'll trade with ya there Farmer, you can duck and get around a lot of those taxes here, the first time you get sick and lose time from work you will be missing those 5ft. snow drifts, here when your sick the only one that heals is the Dr. and rite-aid, take a survey, you taxes aren't any thing like what goes on here

Didn't mean to quote
:oops:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

We have pretty good health care up here but no flat tax rate all based on yearly income and dependents I think I am around 28%.
Still better than getting refused health care from some provider who thinks your a risk.
Tenpoint Matrix
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

I'm from Quebec, we are the most taxed Province.The minimum rate is 33% if you earn over $13,000. gross ,plus close to $400. per year for medicare.
Plus you have to add 15% fed.and prov.taxes on about everything except food.
Taureau noir
---------Chasseurs et Pêcheurs du Québec----
http://chasseursetpecheurs.actifforum.com
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/momo7132/LOGO/chasseur_pecheur2.jpg[/img]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Health care and taxes, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Anyway you look at it, one truth still rises above all others, there is no free lunch.

And from this posters eye, I would like to keep what I have! I have always been aware of tax rates in Canada versus the US. But you have to look under the surface. The Canadian tax laws differ greatly from those of the US. For instance the home interest mortgage deduction is one of the most coveted reductions to income available here in the states. No such deal in Canada to the best of my knowledge. And there are so many more.

If I were to take my annual income and transplant myself from southwestern Ohio into one of the provinces my tax bill would increase significantly. In fact, it would increase to an amount that is well beyond what I pay for my healthcare insurance plan for my wife and me. And I have access to some of the highest tech and world renowned facilities in Cincinnati and a short drive up I-71 to the Cleveland Clinic. And guess what, there is no line. Immediate seating, even though that table for one is the operating table.

I will not comment here in this thread about the proposed health care plan being put forth here in the states by the morons we elected to represent us. Politics should be kept down in that dark place we call "other topics."

Many residents of the United States are very happy with our system.

I am one of them.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have a friend from Michigan who moved to ontario 5 years ago. He longs for the tax rate he paid at home.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
catcher

Post by catcher »

If you are over the one hundred grand mark you are taxed around 47 %.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings